Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THERE IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE NEW WS467 WALL SWITCHES -- OR IT'S IN THE CM15A  (Read 5592 times)

Zokelib

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

The new slow-ON/slow-OFF WS467 wall switches cannot "hear" commands from the new CM15A commander -- no matter what. These new switches CAN definitely hear from the ActiveHome Pro software running under XP:  they turn ON and OFF and can be dimmed manually through the software, but they cannot hear anything that the CM15A says to them (if it is in fact saying things to them).  Yet the old wall switches in my X10 setup work just fine.  Also the new slow-ON/slow-OFF WS467 wall switches can be turned ON/OFF by a HR12A Remote Controller; yet that same controller cannot dim those same switches; as it can do with the old switches. Unfortunately I've gotten rid of the old CM11A module so I can't test to see if it communicates with the new switches. WTF kind of design engineers are putting this kind of crap out for sale?  Apparently the designers have not fully thought through the implications of adding the new slow-ON/slow-OFF feature.  Have these people not heard of product testing and quality control?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

The new slow-ON/slow-OFF WS467 wall switches cannot "hear" commands from the new CM15A commander -- no matter what. These new switches CAN definitely hear from the ActiveHome Pro software running under XP:  they turn ON and OFF and can be dimmed manually through the software, but they cannot hear anything that the CM15A says to them (if it is in fact saying things to them).  Yet the old wall switches in my X10 setup work just fine.  Also the new slow-ON/slow-OFF WS467 wall switches can be turned ON/OFF by a HR12A Remote Controller; yet that same controller cannot dim those same switches; as it can do with the old switches. Unfortunately I've gotten rid of the old CM11A module so I can't test to see if it communicates with the new switches. WTF kind of design engineers are putting this kind of crap out for sale?  Apparently the designers have not fully thought through the implications of adding the new slow-ON/slow-OFF feature.  Have these people not heard of product testing and quality control?

The major flaw in the new WS467 design is that the module cannot be turned On from the Off state by a Dim or Bright command, which is how AHP controls the WS467.   It will work if you program it instead as a LM14A, however you will not see the status in the AHP GUI.  (This may have been corrected in latest AHP update but I haven't tried it.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.