Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't get a clear picture on TV from PC  (Read 19053 times)

Lise

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't get a clear picture on TV from PC
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:06:07 AM »

I just got the VT37A sender and VT38A receiver and can get both sound and video on my RCA HDTV Widescreen but when viewing only my mail program the picture is too blurry to read anything, is only 3/4 of the screen and on the far left instead of centered. When viewing movies (avi's) the picture is reddish with swirls of noise and sometimes the colors seem like my tv is set to 256 colors or something (solid, hard colors) the movie on my monitor is crystal clear so it's not the movie itself. The sound is great and since I get both sound & video my cables are plugged in right. The two units are in a straight line, about 24' apart with nothing between them to interfere. I've tried unplugging the cordless phone and tried all 4 channels on sender/receiver. I've even tried changing my tv to channel 2 instead of 3 and still no difference. I've tried placing the receiver as far from the tv as the cables would allow while a movie was playing but the picture didn't change at all, still that reddish tinge with swirly, glittering noise. The only good thing about this so far is that I can listen to a movie without using my earphones. When I view still pictures through Showtime, it's the same swirly, glittering noise and any captions are too blurry to read. Is there a solution to this or should I just give up and return the whole thing?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Can't get a clear picture on TV from PC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:46:20 AM »

Try changing the resolution of your video!
Control Panel/Display/Settings Bump it up to the highest setting if it isn't there yet if it is try a lower setting! ;)
Note: you will need the TV on to see any improvement (it may make your monitor unviewable but improve your TV)
PC monitors are different then TVs and no 2 monitors display the same either!
Since the TV is HD that maybe the issue too as it isn't a HD signal that the Vt37A sends (unless x10 has changed something) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Lise

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »

Thank you Tuicemen, just tried that and it remains the same.....still blurry. I'm beginning to think you might be right about the HD signal.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »

Depending on your TVs menue you maybe able to clear up the display from with in it as well!
My LCD screen has a couple of different display modes and other settings from accessed from the main menue! ;)
>!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:41:11 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Lise

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:15:44 AM »

Yes, I tried those the first day.....the Cinematic, the Daylight and all that stuff.....plus mine has a zoom feature which I also tried....it's just zoomed in and was a bigger blur....Darn...and I SO wanted this to work!....Thank you for your replies!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »

Sorry to hear it won't work for you! :( Mine also has a mode (text, still and motion) which seemed to help me!
Although mine isn't HD so that is most likely the problem ::) :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.