Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)  (Read 109020 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »

It has been a while since I posted this setup and a few things have changed!
Bluetooth is a big part of my home setup now.
Many because of creating BlueWatch for users like Dave_X10_L (Thanks by the way for inspiring me)
When I originally created this I though I'd never use it as I didn't have a BT phone (got a cheep used BlackBerry from e-bay to help debug) But I mainly used cheep headsets.
I had read about class 1 BT devices but these were always a bit pricey.
I finaly got a Motorola SoundPilot. :)%
It was still a bit pricey but had some extra features like sound streaming and FM radio so I figured I could use it like a ipod worse case.
Man this is like a voice remote control! :)%
I'm not going to go into the features of BlueWatch here as there are other posts that do that.
However I'm surprised I use most of the options.

Since I started this thread I updated my OS mainly to debug programs  But WOW am I glad I did!
I now use WSR Macros to trigger lots of things via voice.
I still use BVC (even less now), but the things I can now do now with Windows 7 WOW!
I no longer need to bug Bill to add support for PcCompanion (PCC) to BVC.
Windows 7 makes Voice command of PCC or any commandline possible program a reality! :)%

With the problem of X10Dispatch not working on 64 bit OS(now it does) I added networking to PCC well all to my programs that I use.
This expanded each as they could now talk to each other.
I now only need one PC with a x10 interface connected to it!
This made one available for the cottage. rofl

With AHP fixing the Windows command option I now trigger more things with it most are  just sounds played using PCC.
However this makes for a pleasent talking clock using no X10 addresses!
Not that I don't have the extra to waste but I prefer to keep the power line as noise free as possible! rofl
 >!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:37:02 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »

With X10 coming out with a 7 inch tablet I figured it wouldn't belong before they came up with a way to connect it to the CM15A.
Or maybe they'd introduce a wifi CM15 equivalent. ::) :'
So I rushed to snag one of these Android tablets and am glad I did.
Since PC Companion already was possible of sending and receiving info via wifi, I figured I should create a Android app to interface with my network and connect to PCC.
Thus TAC was born.
I added IR support for the USBUirt to PC Companion and said goodbye to BVC. :'(
BVC wasn't working well with Windows 7 and iHouse would.
I found away to enable Voice recognition in my AirPad and now TAC turns my Airpad into a nice touch screen/VR remote for my HA setup.
Since iHouse will also respond to commandline arguments I found TAC can trigger iHouse macros with PCC.
With the web interface it can also connect to iHouse and control my setup that way.
However I have to admit iHouse isn't running that much here.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »

With my AirPad now finding a permanent place in the living room. I can now turn on all my entertainment devices and x10 devices via voice.
I added Wake on LAN to PCC so I'm able to turn all PCs on my network on/off (other then the server) this can be done with timers/voice  or a remote (RF or IR).
I discovered PCC could control my window air conditioner via IR and the USBUirt so this is now setup for the warmer weather.

With smartphones becoming so popular I finally said good bye to my old cell phone and updated to a Android enabled one.
I installed TAC on this so now everything I can do with my Airpad I can now do with it Plus.
It has BT so it works great with both versions of BlueWatch though I haven't tied it to my security system (yet)
With Bluewatch Wifi I've discovered more and more devices which are wifi enabled.
And with the use of TAC & PCC I'm able to control them from my phone.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »

With issues that unfolded July 2013, I figured I may have to start looking at other means to control my lights and other device.
I added some Mi-light Wi-Fi lights and code to PC Companion to control these (actually I did that before the event unfolded). I also started to look at other options like Zwave and other Wi-Fi devices.
I also had a Microsoft Kinects set to me to encourage me to add support to Pc Companion for it which I have started.
This dramatically improved my voice recognition set up.
Since I'm not in the city to much during the warmer weather not much conversion wise got done here.
Good thing as X10 is back with new owners with new devices in the works  :)%
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »

I updated my original post.
I had a HP Thin Client running PC Companion handling most of my HA, but I seemed to have fried the motherboard. B:(
This was running XP pro embedded so it would have needed updating soon anyways.
I picked up a Asus Eee box off Ebay for cheaper then I could find a Thin Client so I went with it.
I'm currently playing with different configurations but since this will support Windows 8.1 32 bit. I may install it before it is put into full service.
You Can follow my progress here
Currently I have windows 7 home sp1 installed with the old AHP 3.210 full install Authinx found and posted.

I picked up a Aculink 5 in1 weather station from Costco and have it setup in the back yard.
 Using VIS Reader software and the info from it I upload to the weather underground.
Since I currently have PC Companion monitoring this I'm able to trigger weather related things more accurately.
The VIS software also generates a CSV file every 12 mins (or 18 seconds if you subscribe) which could be used for very accurate alerts and triggering
 >!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:22:10 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »

Our old pellet stove needed replacing so we picked up a new Harman pellet stove in the spring.
This new stove has a temperature probe which will turn the stove on or off depending on temp.
Playing with this I found a way to wire it into a 2 wire thermostat.
However not having a spare programmable one I figured I could use my Acurite weather station display's room temp value to trip a (UM506) universal module turning the stove on/off based on room temperature.
I'll post more details once the colder weather sets in and I'm satisfied with the performance
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »

Using the UM506 to control my pellet stove although did work it required a lot of  fine tuning of X10WeatherWatch programing code.
Something I finally gave up on and added a programmable thermostat.
I still use the UM506 in the mix it just isn't rigged up to be controlled via temperature variations

Since my va12a failed and all my PCs are running Windows 7 or higher I can no longer view my X10 cameras on a PC.
I installed a indoor Foscam which can monitor all entrances on the main floor.
AHP turns this based on signals from the sensors on the doors with a windows command to PC Companion (PCC).
PCC also alerts me of this with a wave sound and a voice notification of which door has been opened.

Since Authinx has yet to get their new Wi-Fi module into production and I wished to get some remote control over my off grid place I set About to program something. I also have a HP thin client which uses very little power and running Windows 81 & currently 10 which I'll locate their, but that's for the Off grid thread

Ultralight was created as a simple web server to control my X10 setup.
Since this interfaces with PCC, AHP can also send it info.
I could all ways control my setup remotely with TAC (android app) and PCC, so I didn't plan on using it here. However this has proven to be more useful then I had hoped and has made it's way into my setup here.
Currently I mainly use it for security notifications and IP camera viewing.
Camera viewing is of both here and those at my off grid cottage.
In fact I find I now use AHP more then I did in the past and PCC no longer runs 24/7 (AHP & Ultralight do).
I designed Ultralight so the webpages are highly customizable as I figured my needs here would be different then those at the off grid place.
I also have decided to make it a free program though not easy for everyone to get.
It is only available from my forum for those interested. ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:16:53 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

crsinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

Many thanks to your due diligence on updating X10 issues. I've been using X10 AH & AHP since early 2000s and moved and now setting up full range of devices including wireless cameras and experimenting with other wireless HD cameras. Regards, Cliff #:)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »

I'm glad to be of some help Cliff, even if it may be just sharing my issues!

I brought back the outdoor wide angle AirSight I had mounted at my off grid place the PTZ cameras I have there provide more coverage.
I've installed this on my back deck overlooking my sliding door, this entrance is also covered from inside with the Foscam.
It looks like I'll need to play a bit with the viewing angle but its good enough for now.
I'll play with AHP and PCC to see about triggering a snapshot from this when the system is armed and the door is opened.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »

Is the PTZ Airsight you use the same as the one that's on sale right now?  I was sorta eying it, but I haven't researched cameras enough to know what a good PTZ is/isn't or whether this is good/bad.  It's $190 on X10 email yesterday and they list it as $250 regular price.  I've been leaning towards getting a full system, but those don't include PTZ which may/may not be all that beneficial and may be difficult to incorporate.  Thoughts?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »

The Camera displayed here is not a PTZ but a fixed IP camera (the xx52a).

I have 2 PTZ IP cameras working at my off grid place 2 fully cover every outside corner of my building (outside) something it would take 5 regular cameras to do.
I do have a XX60A which is currently not hooked up as the location I wanted it is a dead spot at my off grid location.
the picture from it is about the same as the shot above except I could zoom in better on the door.
I love the zoom feature and that does get used. Having the ability to move the camera also comes in handy as some times things are just of to a corner and you can turn the camera to get a better view.
Since a PTZ camera is like having 2 or 3 stationary cameras the price seems good in my opinion.
I've started tying in my camera control to my security system so they turn to which ever door has been opened the zoom feature  would make for a much better identifying pic.
I wish I had taken a snap shot with my xx60a to post but that will need to wait till I move it to a new location. Once moved I'll post some shots on my off grid thread: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22563.0
I'm stuck in the city for at least one more week. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »

For health reasons I've been stuck here longer then expected. This however has provided me with extra time to do some programing for my Ultralight server.
I created a small app to gather info from several  CSV files created from other programs for weather, Power consumption, and other monitoring software and save it to a single file.
This file can be read by Ultralight and viewed from anywhere from anything capable of web browsing.
Although I designed this for my off grid place I have it running here as well so I can monitor conditions here as well.
I had hoped to find a X10 logging app to tap into but have yet to find something useable.
This may mean I'll need to create a new app myself or expand on PCC.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »

I finally got the XX60A Airsight hooked up at the off grid place and can now view it from here.
Currently I'm putting it threw its paces to get a better idea where it's permanent placement will be.
You can read more about that here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29131.msg163490#msg163490

I've expanded on the Ultralight code and can now control/monitor this place from elsewhere.
I can even add x10 or PcCompanion (PCC) tasks remotely
I created a small app(InfoWriter) to read several CSV files and combine them into a text, html, xml or csv file.
This was done mainly for my off grid setup but I'm finding uses for it here too.
I have my weather station hooked to a dedicated mini PC and this can pull the CSV file it creates to my Ultralight PC.
From it I can monitor the inside and outside temperature and such.
This should allow me to turn on my Pellet stove from the off grid place via X10 in the fall.
I may experiment with a window air con even though I'm seldom here during the summer season.

Although InfoWriter can read several files(currently 5) at once it only currently reads one CSV file here.
I had planed to create a app to write a CSV file for x10 status however with PCC and Ultralight writing a history file I don't think this will be needed.

For those interested InfoWriter is available free on my forum.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

We got this place rewired this summer and with that a reliable setup was lost B:(
Fortunately I had picked up a XTBM Pro to help test new X10 modules.
This helped me discover I now had a Phase issue, using the stove or dryer trick did not help so I wonder if a dryer plug in phase coupler would have helped here. ???
Hard wired a coupler and all is fine now the XTBM did locate some noisy outlets which I'll have to investigate further.
Installed a EasyN Outdoor PTZ camera (brought back from off grid place that was replaced with a XX60A Airsight)
This camera can be turned to view my front door  side door driveway or street.
I've yet to program AHP/PCC to turn this but that will be a snowy day project.

I've started to Update all PCs to Windows 10 so far no major issues with my HA software or AHP.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »

With Authinx stating a new wifi modules software version would be ready before the units release I figured I'd bring it back from the off grid place.
I couldn't remotely connect with the old software version anyways.
Now with the new software version that part is working so I've temporarily put it into operation here.
This will help me decide if I want a second unit so I have one in both locations.
I continue to find little signal suckers with the XTBM and have ordered some filters.
Most of these are not worth worrying about on their own but teamed with another they might be.
The new and updated modules Authinx has available now with AGS also help with issues.
The new transceivers punch out 3 times if not more power then their older counter parts so these also help with noise and signal suckers.
However I'm not about to trash my CM15 the new Wi-Fi module isn't a replacement for it yet.
I've added a MT13a to my bed side table to make for easy night time control.
I don't have any timers configured just my main house code.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.