Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SR 227 wall outlet modules.  (Read 2750 times)

dwc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SR 227 wall outlet modules.
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »

Is there a way to disable the local control feature in the SR 227 wall outlet modules?  I have a 2 pot coffee maker and when I set it up using a wall module to make the coffee in the morning unless I turn on both pots at the same time the SR227 will start the coffee maker as soon as I turn on the second pot after turning on the first pot.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: SR 227 wall outlet modules.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 05:15:54 PM »

10 control on top, bottom outlet is always live!

If you need 2 things controlled, you need a cube tap in the controlled outlet for 2 devices.  If you want independed  control on both outlets you need a XPR - Wall Receptacle Module - Both outlets controlled but it's for a 220 volt line.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

zach1234

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:15:27 PM »

10 control
He ment or I think "x10 control" Thanks for answering that, I missed up getting those for 2.00.

dwc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »

The coffee maker has 2 pots.  (Regular & Unleaded).  One cord to plug in to the controlled outlet.  Each pot has a switch to turn it on.  When the first switch is turned on The module remains off, turn on the second switch the module turns on.

Is there a way to disable local control in a SR227 like a AM466 by cutting a jumper on the circuit board.  This would eliminate the need for a swamping resistor.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:40:51 PM »

The coffee maker has 2 pots.  (Regular & Unleaded).  One cord to plug in to the controlled outlet.  Each pot has a switch to turn it on.  When the first switch is turned on The module remains off, turn on the second switch the module turns on.

Is there a way to disable local control in a SR227 like a AM466 by cutting a jumper on the circuit board.  This would eliminate the need for a swamping resistor.

Check out X10 Marco's blog here: http://www.x10community.com/marko/2006/06/disabling_the_local_control_fe.html#comment-52.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.