Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: zach1234 X10 HAS (Home Automation Installer)  (Read 53992 times)

zach1234

Re: zach1234 X10 HAS (Home Automation Installer)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »

My phone has rang during a wedding and a ceremony dinner. I use my Mylo to connect to my account server.

I call then back and say:

"This is you gardener, I need you name and account #."

if the person was in danger they lie about the account #.

Plus I give no guaranty's. I am just a contact.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:46 AM »

...Plus I give no guaranty's. I am just a contact.
That is one reason I subscribe to a monitoring service. For $8.95/month, I'm guaranteed that there will be a live person available 24/7 for emergence or questions I may have.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »

well for free that what you get. You know these are just x10 alarms so there is really no other monitoring service besides x10's. Many people with x10 alarms have it call their parents neighbors, so I am just a contact in the system, is someone needs the 24/7 they can get the x10 0ne for 10 a month, I split the bill for 2 years. After that time they have to pay 20.00 a month.

Jimmer

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 10:19:51 AM »

I think a system with out monitoring costs is a good selling point.  I get alarm companies coming around all the time asking to set up a "free" system in my home and get you with the monitoring contract.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »

...I get alarm companies coming around all the time asking to set up a "free" system in my home and get you with the monitoring contract.
This is a major pet peeve of mine. Many of the major companies hook you with their $99 dollar offers and then rob you blind over the next 3 years or more with their monitoring contracts.  Furthermore their systems can't (at least not easily) be reprogrammed to be independently monitored. The $30-40 difference they charge a month adds up. $35 X 36 months is over $1200 that could be put toward a dependable professionally installed system.

If you are having a system professionally installed, ask if it can be monitored independently. Don't get locked into an overpriced monitoring contract.

For those installing their own systems and choosing to monitor them themselves, I strongly recommend you find some friends or family that live by a phone 24/7. I don't care how many bars your cell phone company says they have, you can not rely on your cell phone having a signal 24/7. If you home is broken into or catches fire, you need to know ASAP.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

Correct. I had to remove a ADT system because the guy did not want to be robed and did not want the "next" people to hook up. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.