Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need Help with Eagle Eye motion sensors  (Read 6982 times)

valerie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need Help with Eagle Eye motion sensors
« on: June 29, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »

Can someone please help us with installing the motion sensors. We are able to get two of them to work but the other two no matter where I am putting them they are not detecting motion. we are wanting one of them to turn on the camera at the back of the house where our pool (50ft from house) Camera is mounted up on the corner of the house. The other camera(mounted on side of the house) is facing the side yard and it has a fish pond that animals keep getting into. The pond is approx 20ft away. I have moved the sensor all over and can not get it to activate the cameras. Any suggestions on what I need to do I have spent 4 days trying to get this system to work for my parents and I am getting very frustrated.
thanks in advance for your help
valerie

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Need Help with Eagle Eye motion sensors
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

............ I have spent 4 days trying to get this system to work for my parents and I am getting very frustrated.

Valerie the frustrated feeling is all part of the learning curve. Don't worry it will work.

You didn't mention what your using to receive the RF signal sent by the motion sensors. Remember.... the cameras can't detect the RF sent by the motion sensors. A transceiver of some sort must be within range of the motion sensors. The transceiver will receive the RF then send a PLC signal over the powerline... that the cameras (and other devices) will react to. Of course... if your using a VCR commander... it requires the RF signal.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

valerie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:29:04 PM »

Hi Dave,
 Thanks for replying! All of this is Greek to me..I am not really sure what you are asking about, I guess it is the reciever? This is what my father has ordered, although he got frustrated with the computer program we are strictly working with the tv I haven't yet started working with the vcr yet....http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx16a_as_cam_41806_promo_vcr_2_0418_home.html

The receiver that is attatched to the tv is in the front of the house and one of the cameras is on the front porch and that sensor is working. It is the two farthest from the receiver that we can't get to work.

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 09:36:49 PM »

Thanks for replying! All of this is Greek to me..I am not really sure what you are asking about....  http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx16a_as_cam_41806_promo_vcr_2_0418_home.html

Ok looking at your "kit" your using the Wireless PC Transceiver (CM19A) which requires the computer to be running to receive the signal from the motion sensors.

X10 uses powerline technology (PLC)... which means it sends signals over the same powerlines we use to power our lights, TV, etc. But... X10 also uses RF (Radio Frequency). The X10 motion sensors send out RF (only) and you need a device like your CM19A to take the RF signal... and convert it to a PLC (Power Line Command... on the powerline) so the cameras will know to turn ON/OFF.

If I was setting up your system..... I would have set-up all the cameras and motion sensor in my office 1st. Then one-by-one moved the sensors and cameras checking and testing as I went. You may a problem with the motion sensors reaching your CM19A... or the Cameras video signal reaching the video receiver.... or you may have a problem with both.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:50:17 PM by Dave_x10_L »

valerie

Re: THANK YOU DAVE--Need Help with Eagle Eye motion sensors
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

I understand what you are saying. Thank you so much for your help!
valerie

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »

I understand what you are saying.

Well don't just leave us hanging here!
Most of us who read and reply here at the forums.... read EVERYTHING. So even though I've been the only reply.... I am sure many others are keeping an eye on this thread. Keep us informed on the progress if you don't mind. We very much want to see you and your parents system up and running.

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »

Right on the money, Dave
Valerie, as Dave already said we are here to help you and want to see you successfully get your system working so let us know how it goes and if you have other problems or need clarification on anything.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.