Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: interface a Honeywell T8011R thermostat to a "PowerFlash" (PF284) module  (Read 11930 times)

Pete S

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Does anyone know how to  interface a Honeywell T8011R thermostat to a "PowerFlash" (PF284) module? I need pin-for-pin instructions.

Thanks,

Pete S

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28

To do what?

The T8011R is a two stage, heat pump thermostat.  So, we are taking about emergency heating, regular heating, A/C, and fan control.  Which one of those functions, would you want to connect to the PF284's input?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Pete S

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Thanks for your response.

I'd like to send an X10 signal when the temperature drops below the setpoint. The thermostat is not in use now and would be used only for this purpose. Thanks again.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28

I would suggest using the thermostat's FAN control.  The FAN is always turned 'on' whenever the thermostats "calls" for something (heat when in heat mode, A/C when in cooling mode).

The thermostat you picked is electronic, so it needs a power supply (it isn't a simple mercury switch).   You need to connect a +24v power supply between screws R and C.

The thermostat's outputs, unfortunately, are all a bit too high of a voltage to connect directly to the PF284.   You might need to get a small relay with a 24v coil voltage.  Connect the coil side of a relay to the fan output G and C.  The contact side of the relay then connects up to PF284.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.