Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Non-Dimming Switch without a Neutral  (Read 10474 times)

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: Non-Dimming Switch without a Neutral
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »

Has anyone with the two wires only with no ground done any adding or updating to their houses. The real question I have is..where you live do they make you update the electric system to bring it up to code when you do add or update your houses?

Assuming you go through the permit process that is.   :'
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »

When I remodeled the kitchen and did the wiring I had to remove any K & T wiring going to any fixtures in the kitchen and install new romex to current standards. When I installed a new main circuit panel I had to install city minimum which was a 125 amp main. Since the wiring coming from the pole also had to be changed a new meter box and weather head had to be installed. New conduit had to be installed to meet size requirements for the 3 main cables. The meter box as well has the main panel had to be bonded. I was allowed to bring all six K & T circuits into two 4 x 4 junction boxes, 3 circuits per box, and then tie them into romex cables that then went to the new main. Since the old K & T circuits were 14 Ga. each was fused on 15 amp breakers. This may not be allowed in all locations and special permission to do it this way had to be run past the local inspector prior to doing it.

Needed the permit thing so local electric company could change the wiring from the pole... else I would have skiped that step  :'

----------------KDR
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:29:03 PM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

WALKER1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »

I have an older house with the same problem.  i have done some research and have found that Smart lab makes a  X10 compatible module that you can install on the first of the fl orecent light fixtures   the part number for the In-LineLinc Relay is 2475s  From Smart home the cost is about $45 I have used one module and it works very well.. This module is non dimming and i am now installing it in the ceiling fans to turn just the fan portion of the fixture on and off while the light switch will control the light portion.

if you have questions please email  me at M_D_self@msn.com

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »

X10 makes an in-line fixture module for inductive loads lights - the XPFM.  It is essentially a repackaged appliance module.  We use the Leviton version (6375) for our landscape lights.  The XPFM is available on eBay for about 13 bucks including shipping.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.