Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How loud is the Power Horn?  (Read 6592 times)

leo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How loud is the Power Horn?
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »

I am thinking of buying a power horn and placing it in my attic.
Is it as loud as ADT systems? can it be heard from few houses
away (50 yards or so)..  Is there a limit as how many power horn
can be used by the system?  Thanks,.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: How loud is the Power Horn?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »

Well they are loud but not that loud. I had three hooked up in the room were my entertainment system is located and I had a break in and believe me they got out of there fast even had one hidden behind the system so to unplug it they would have to basically stick their ear right next to it. That plus the majority of my lighting being x10 controlled meant they got noting only damage was a kicked in door. But back to your initial question I doubt that anyone would hear one in the attic down the street maybe just a little at night  but not enough I would think to be a deterrent.

Tom j.

zach1234

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »

I think if you where to water proof it an place it outside it would travel more. I think its compareable to a industrial fire alarm not as loud as a fire truck. I placed mine in a cove so it echos and amplifies.
"Prolonged exposure to any noise above 90 decibel level can cause gradual hearing loss." -http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/wise/soundchartdtag.asp

leo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

Thanks guys.... so would u say it is as strong as a commercial systems? ADT for example..
i do not expect it to be like a fire truck horn :' but, it will be nice if it is as loud as a car alarm siren.
you know, the annoying ones >...  ;D

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:45:58 PM »

Thanks, It is loud like a car alarm siren, a bit louder. I don't have service on my ADT alarm, so I cant test that out no can I.  rofl

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

Thanks guys.... so would u say it is as strong as a commercial systems? ADT for example..
i do not expect it to be like a fire truck horn :' but, it will be nice if it is as loud as a car alarm siren.
you know, the annoying ones >...  ;D

X10 often has a three for one deal why don't you call them and ask if you can get that deal tell them if they don't you'll wait until you see it advertised again, they will probably bit.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:16:36 AM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.