Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Intro and need some info  (Read 3002 times)

RamonaYoung

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Intro and need some info
« on: July 17, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »

Hello,

My name is Ramona Young. I live in North Alabama. I am in need of some security at my home. I just don't know where to begin. I found x10.com on the net. I thought wow

what a deal. I also am thinking you get what you pay for. Saw this forum and thought I would get some input from you guys. My questions are this. Will any camera go with any

home automation system?  If not some advise on this please. I have read the threads about the quality not being good at night. What about the Active Pro and the Home Auto

mation system how well does that work? On the x10 website they say you can be any where and see what is going on in your home. Is this true. Would buying different

cameras with x10's home automation etc work ? I really want the mini cameras for inside my home. Would another brand of mini cameras work with x10's home automation and

active pro? Any help is grateful.

Thanks,
Ramona Young

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Intro and need some info
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:01 PM »

........... I am in need of some security at my home. I just don't know where to begin.

Always... begin at the beginning. Good home security begins with a safe neighborhood, solid doors and windows with good locks and good lighting. Make sure landscaping doesn't block views and create hiding places for intruders.

I found x10.com on the net. I thought wow what a deal. I also am thinking you get what you pay for.

You sure do!   X10 is a good and popular provider of DIY Home Automation and security products.

Saw this forum and thought I would get some input from you guys. My questions are this. Will any camera go with any home automation system? 

I don't know. Cameras other than X10 cameras can be intergraded into X10 systems. But the X10 addressable camera power-units make X10 cameras really nice and easy.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.