Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless Transceiver not working  (Read 5845 times)

copotay

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless Transceiver not working
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »

My X-10 setup is a few years old and my Wireless Transceiver is not working, I only have two cameras on on it with one camera being on the pan and tilt ninja. When I press the "C1" on the controller for the first camera, the transceivers on/off button pops off like tripping a gfi breaker. I have to go and press it back on then it does it again. I tried unplugging all the cameras, and it still does it. Has anyone had this problem and can assist? tks

note: If I am in the wrong subsection for troubleshooting this please advise.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Wireless Transceiver not working
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »

When I press the "C1" on the controller for the first camera, the transceivers on/off button pops off like tripping a gfi breaker. I have to go and press it back on then it does it again.

If your transceiver is the TM751, this is normal. It has a built in Appliance Module set to Unit Code 1 for the House Code you have set on the dial (House Code C from your description).

The question is, do your cameras still turn ON & OFF from the remote?

copotay

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »

No, I am not getting any video no matter what button I am pressing on the remote, it use to be C1 and C2 if I remember correctly, I had not used the system in awhile and had the transceiver unplugged, then I plugged it in yesterday and I am not getting any video, the receiver appears to be working fine.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »

It sounds like your Transceiver is working (at least it is receiving the remote's signal). So your problem may be the X10 signal is not making its way from the Transceiver to the Camera's power supplies. You might try plugging the Transceiver into an outlet that is on the same circuit as a camera to see if you can turn it on.

If it has been a while since you last used it, then most likely you have electrical noise or signal suckers that are degrading your X10 signal.

copotay

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »

tks for the nfo, at work now, but I will try it later at home

pallain

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

I had this happen if I use anything but house code A. I tried to change to D then C etc but nothing worked but A and I heard the unit switch. I even went to one cam, set it to D in software, TM751 and the powersupply for the cam. And I would get clicking and no video.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:27:01 AM by pallain »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.