Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Controlling wall switch along with camera using Ninja/Vanguard  (Read 3061 times)

mraiffa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I just bought the 4 camera with 4 ninja tilt and Vanguard SW bundle. 

My problem is that one of the cameras is in a dark room, and I want to turn the light in the room on/off when I turn on that camera on/off.  I have a WS467 wall switch on the light in the room and it is set to the same code as the camera in the room.  When i use Vanguard or the Ninja remote control to turn the camera on, the light also goes on - GOOD!  BUT, when I then switch to another camera it doesn't turn the light off - BAD!

To be specific, I have:

- Camera 1 A1

- Camera 2 A2, Camera 3 A3, Camera 4 A4

- Wall Switch A1

Selecting Camera 1 turns the Camera 1 AND the Wall Switch on.  But switching to Camera 2 turns off Camera 1 but not the Wall Switch even through it is also set to A1.
Why does the Wall Switch set to A1 turn on but not off when Camera 1 turns on and off?

Thanks

m

p.s. This has a bit of camera, ninja, and home automation all wrapped up - so I wasn't sure where to post it.  Hope this is an OK place.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Controlling wall switch along with camera using Ninja/Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »

The power supply for the camera works in groups of four. House Code and Unit code 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. When one of the group is turned on the other three go off. So your A1 will turn on both the camera and the wall switch; but A2 A3 and A4 will switch cameras and the three not addressed will go off. Wall switches don't act like that. So your A1 on will turn it on but A2 A3 and A4 on will not turn the switch off. Only an A1 Aoff wiill.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.