Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Protector Plus & MS10a Motions Detectors  (Read 3689 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Protector Plus & MS10a Motions Detectors
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

A friend just got a great deal on a Protector Plus security system and asked me to help set it up. Well I was actually very impressed because everything appeared to actually work, but I noticed that after setting up the two motion detectors that in the normal run 2 mode when you walked by the motion detector not armed that it did not indicate a detection on the console I have a older unit a few years old that when you walk by an unarmed motion detector the zone lights up indicating someone or something was picked up. So I want back and checked out a unit I recently bought a few months ago and the same thing is this now the norm that the Protector Plus console no longer indicates a zone is open when unarmed or did we both get defective units???? can't understand why they would cut that feature out unless they are trying to cut cost, hoping someone can give me the inside track on this. Thanks

Tom j.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Protector Plus & MS10a Motions Detectors
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

I've had a DS7000 since last November - only the DS10a's show an open (triggered) state when unarmed.  The only time my MS10a's light up is when they caused an alarm or when the DS7000 hasn't heard their heartbeat.

In my opinion, your's is not defective.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

Sensitivity seems to be an issue with the motion detectors.  I had motion indication on setting 1 which resulted in false alarms, while setting 2 seemed to require too much motion (at times).

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »

I've had a DS7000 since last November - only the DS10a's show an open (triggered) state when unarmed.  The only time my MS10a's light up is when they caused an alarm or when the DS7000 hasn't heard their heartbeat.

In my opinion, your's is not defective.

Thanks!!!! PajamaGuy hmmm well they must of changed it I have two older units and each time someone walks by them in the run 1 mode the light on the console corresponding to that zone lights up. Any idea why they might  have changed this?? and it also seems like x10 really pumped up the volume I noticed the conformation tones are really loud now and the armed tone is also louder which is probably a good thing so that the unit can be place further from the door, I usually turn my on from the door and the console is located upstairs.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.