Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: one light going off with powerhouse alarm  (Read 8096 times)

dyos

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
one light going off with powerhouse alarm
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:39:01 PM »

I purchased the powerhouse alarm and I notice on it you can select which device you want to flash when the alarm goes off.  If you want all of your lights to flash if someone breaks in how can you set this up?  Would you have to set them all up on the same letter/number?  If so this would render my home automation system useless.  Am I interpreting this wrong or is there a way around this problem?

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
Re: one light going off with powerhouse alarm
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:11:32 PM »

All lights on the same housecode as the console will flash when the alarm is triggered. That gives you 16 unique unit codes to play with.
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

dyos

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:56:23 AM »

All lights on the same housecode as the console will flash when the alarm is triggered. That gives you 16 unique unit codes to play with.

Ok, what about when you push the "security Light" button on the remote control.  What light will that turn on and off?  All of them on the same household code?  Also, if this is the case I was playing around with it earlier and I pushed it when one of my switches was set on the same household code but different number from my main console and it did not turn on.  Does this button only have the ability to turn on/off one appliance or multiple appliances that share the same household code/number?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 06:50:32 AM »

I believe the address you set on the console is the security light. Like if you have is set to B2. That is the code that will light as the security light. Also the All Lights On signal does not turn on appliance type modules only lamp types.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:18:13 AM »

Brian is correct - the UnitCode you select on the DS7000 is for the security lights.  Whichever lights or modules you address to that UnitCode will :
1. Flash on & off when the system is armed - (as a visual indicator that the arming was successful)
2. Respond to all security remotes "(Security) Lights On/Off" button presses.

Note that all units on the DS7000's HouseCode will flash On & Off during an alarm.  They'll stop flashing after 4 min, or when a disarm command is received.  They all will then remain "ON" (as an indicator the alarm had been tripped).  They can ALL be turned OFF by a "Lights-Off" signal from the security key fobs.  I'm not getting the Security Remotes to do the same???

But it gets a bit squirrely at that point.  For instance (on my system) - if I approach my system after its alarm has been tripped with a key fob and (1) press DISARM to disarm the system, I then have only 1 shot at pressing LIGHTS-OFF on the fob to turn all lights off.  If I touch any other buttons, or controllers first, the fob's lights-off button will only turn off the modules assigned to the Security UnitCode.

My better-half has a hard time understanding that she can turn off all the lights after she accidentally trips the system from the fob, but that she has only one shot at it.   ::)  I often find all Units on the Security HouseCode ON (File>Reports>Status) - but at least she's using a palmpad to turn 'em off - she's discontinued running around the house and manually switching them off.  :P

Has anyone found a way to get AHP's "All Units Off" to work - other than just one room at a time?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

nativedc

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »

Brian is correct - the UnitCode you select on the DS7000 is for the security lights.  Whichever lights or modules you address to that UnitCode will :
1. Flash on & off when the system is armed - (as a visual indicator that the arming was successful)
2. Respond to all security remotes "(Security) Lights On/Off" button presses.

Note that all units on the DS7000's HouseCode will flash On & Off during an alarm.  They'll stop flashing after 4 min, or when a disarm command is received.  They all will then remain "ON" (as an indicator the alarm had been tripped).  They can ALL be turned OFF by a "Lights-Off" signal from the security key fobs.  I'm not getting the Security Remotes to do the same???

Does this mean the DS7000 will go into a "standby" mode after each alarm event and is useless to detect new trigger events until someone manually re-sets the unit?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »

[Note that all units on the DS7000's HouseCode will flash On & Off during an alarm.

Only lamp modules will flash On & Off... any appliance modules on that house code will turn Off, but not back On.

Does this mean the DS7000 will go into a "standby" mode after each alarm event and is useless to detect new trigger events until someone manually re-sets the unit?

I have an relatively older unit (before the security light flash when first armed), and mine does become re-triggerable after the 4 minute cycle is completed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.