Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to X10 icon remote- need advice!  (Read 14872 times)

used2b

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New to X10 icon remote- need advice!
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »

I bought the x10 iconremote to control my plasma, audio amp, and Viewsat satellite receiver. I can't get the remote to control the Viewsat extreme receiver. Tried the learning function and all the built-in codes.  :'(

Anyone have a Viewsat that can help me with this? TIA

ottawa_12

Re: New to X10 icon remote- need advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:25:53 PM »

By using the learn function on the icon remote you should be able to learn all of the functions from your viewsat controller. Yes, you're right the icon remote doesn't have any codes for the Viewsat receivers in it's library.

used2b

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »

Tried to learn the Viewsat codes from the original remote - always gives me a failed   response. The original remote works fine and the batteries are good. Tried various distances between remotes following the instruction sheet, but no luck.

Ottawa12, thanks for your feedback. Do you have a Viewsat??

Or anyone else with ideas? I'm new here, but I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of response considering this thread has been read over 40 times.

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 06:39:56 AM »

Have you got it learn any codes at all or did you use the codes for the other components. If not, are you pointing your original remote at the bottom of the icon remote and not head to head like a lot of learning remotes. I did it wrong the first time.

used2b

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »

WOW, you da man Speedbugy!!!

I feel so stupid. I guess that I didn't look at the picture of how to line up the remotes. After your post I noticed the LED at the back end of the remote. Works like a charm when you do it right.

Thank you very much for your help! :)%

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »

Thanks !   don,t feel bad by no means. All the learning remotes I bought in the past you put em head to head. I did the same thing with the Icon remote myself. HAHAHA.....glad ya got it, Good Luck

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.