Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dimming modules WITHOUT "Soft Start"  (Read 2517 times)

dononeil

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dimming modules WITHOUT "Soft Start"
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »

Does anyone know of any x10/x10pro/leviton, etc... lamp or switch modules that DON'T have the 'new' soft start 'feature'? I just bought a bunch of decora dimmers online and they all have the new feature, but I need to match my old switches that don't have it.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Dimming modules WITHOUT "Soft Start"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 05:00:02 PM »

Soft Start has been a feature for about a year. Other vendors such a Smarthome, also have the softstart feature in their products. Some of the SmartHome units can be programmed for a very quick ramp to full ON. Best bet is to try EBay, or private suppliers that might still have old X10 stock.

Unfortunately X10 never differentiated the "upgrade" by different model numbers or revision codes. So make sure your seller understands you are seeking the older style units.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »

Does anyone know of any x10/x10pro/leviton, etc... lamp or switch modules that DON'T have the 'new' soft start 'feature'? I just bought a bunch of decora dimmers online and they all have the new feature, but I need to match my old switches that don't have it.

The higher quality Leviton dimmer switches with true rocker action have had that feature since the late 90's.  If you can't find what you are looking for from a normal supplier, I do have some "new" older Leviton switches that do not have the dim ramp.  You can send me a personal message if you want more info.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Boiler

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »

dononeil,

Is it the "soft start" or the "resume dim" feature that you object to?  We can offer work around's for the "resume dim" feature.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way of modifying the ramp rate of the new units.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.