Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Protector Plus Wish List  (Read 9483 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Protector Plus Wish List
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

Well this unit is kind of long in the tooth, I'm thinking that the DS7000 is at least 12 years old without any major improvements that's an eternity in terms of a product cycle and is way over due for a much needed upgrade. Well I'll start if off with the following suggestions and hopefully you guys can add some more maybe x10 will adopt at least some of them. 1) Being able to call in and check the status of the system 2) Ability to identify what zone was breached when an alarm goes off and it calls out 3) Putting in a optional delay before the unit dials out maybe 15 or 20 seconds or zero, for example if you're going on vacation you probably wouldn't want a delay at all. This would be nice for all the times you might accidentally trigger the alarm by mistake. Having the ability to call in and do a All Light Off/On especially helpful if the system is triggered and lets say you're out of town and need to cut your lights off after an alarm. Had this happen to a friend and all his lights stayed on for over two weeks until he got back home from Hawaii. Well that's a start maybe you guys can also add some ideas or we can discuss these.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:29:55 PM by tom j »

tom j

Re: Protector Plus Wish List
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »

Here's another one I just thought of a low battery indicator, currently the only way you know your batteries are low is when the sensors don't report in! If someone broke in during that time you would be basically out of luck, it's my understanding that the MS10a and the window/door sensors have this capability but it's the console that needs the upgrading so it can report the low battery condition.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:26:11 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

Hay guys here's another  -:) how about having the ability to mute the alarm on the console, why let the bad guys know where you system is I would much prefer to use my large powerhorns in place of the alarm built in the console.

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »

Well I got another one  -:)  As you may know the newer Protector Plus will flash a assigned light when arming or disarming but it doesn't keep track of the status of that light so if you're leaving and the porch lights are your assigned security light and they are lets say on a timer and come on at night like mine. If you turn your alarm on from say the car or anywhere for that matter it will actually turn your light off if they where initially on and you would have to turn them on again. The console has home automation capability so it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to have it keep track of the status of the security light, and reverse the sequence if necessary. What'a you guys think??

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:32:51 PM by tom j »

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:08:42 AM »

How about a way to re"register" a device without having to go all the way thru them all.

tom j

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

How about a way to re"register" a device without having to go all the way thru them all.

YEAH!!! I forgot about that one!!! Keep them coming! Come on guys.

Tom j.

hpdrifter

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »

ok, how about a jack, an 1/8" perhaps that will go inline with the sirenalarm wire  so you could plug in an external "powerhorn" maybe and it'd also disconnect the built in siren/alarm.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »

Since it has a key pad on the console, make it capable of arming the unit using the key pad  with a 4 digit passcode. :'

tom j

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:06:12 AM »

Well we'll on a ROLL!!    Keep em coming  -:)

Tom j.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 04:51:27 AM »

OK, I think I got it,  -:) Make the Console look like a Clock Radio, Add AM & FM, CD player and no one will think it was an Alarm consol. So during an a break in. They will never think of trying to smash the alarm since all they can find is the an Old type clock radio. Maybe also have the radio trigger be an Old Wily Nelson song to really throw off the bugler? silly but just think of the possabilities.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:13:49 AM by BaBaLou. »

tom j

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »

You know there is a way around that what you can do is disconnect or remove the batteries from the unit you want to reinstall and wait until the offending motion window/door sensor fails to report in and then place the console in install and register the new unit. Works every time just had to do it myself with a door sensor that was acting up. It doesn't have to be the same type of sensor you can replace a door with a motion detector and a motion detector with a door.

Tom j.

hpdrifter

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »

You know there is a way around that what you can do is disconnect or remove the batteries from the unit you want to reinstall and wait until the offending motion window/door sensor fails to report in and then place the console in install and register the new unit. Works every time just had to do it myself with a door sensor that was acting up. It doesn't have to be the same type of sensor you can replace a door with a motion detector and a motion detector with a door.

Tom j.

The instructions say "to wait 4 hours".......you don't have to?????

tom j

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »

Well as soon as you see the light for that zone slowly blinking it's time!! and you won't have to reinstall everything, that can be a headache! depending on how many sensors you have. Good Luck!

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »

OK  -:) how about fire protection!! we've have been asking for this a looooooong time! All they would have to do is have a smoke detector company like First Alert make them. Sure it would cost but I think folks that rely on this solely for their home security would be willing to pay, these usually run 70 to 80 bucks on most wireless systems. And x10 could have you assign it to a special location like #2 and if activated a prerecorded computerized message could alert who ever answered the phone. Fire is really a must on any system actually this is one of the major reasons I'm installing a new system smoke and CO.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.