Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with 2 Ninja mounts not moving independently  (Read 4139 times)

MikeH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with 2 Ninja mounts not moving independently
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

I have 2 Ninja camera mounts that have two wired cameras on them.   These cameras are always on and feed video to two different monitors, this is by design.  My problem is that even though I have two different remotes on two different house codes, both cameras pan and tilt together. The cameras also are on two different house codes.   I want them to move independently.  I must be doing something wrong on the set up. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Problem with 2 Ninja mounts not moving independently
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:17:08 AM »

I just ran a quick little test to check this.  My remote is set to O1 and the Ninja mount is set to N1.

It appears that any Ninja that is powered will respond to pan / tilt / etc. signals no matter what X10 address is specified.

So, you must power off the ones you don't want to move and then turn them back on.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problem with 2 Ninja mounts not moving independently
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:17:42 AM »

Like the wireless cameras. The mounts work in groups of four. Same house code and units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. If you turn on any one of the four in the same group the other three go off without an off command. Since you are using two different house codes. Both mounts are staying on and following the pan and tilt RF commands.
Note the on off commands are on the power line and not RF. The addressable power supplies are what do the switching to X10 on and  off commands.
You may want to try both on the same house code and in one of the same groups pointed out. 1-4;5-8;9-12 or 13-16.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.