Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: *SOLVED* Does anyone know what is controller thing is.  (Read 10851 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
*SOLVED* Does anyone know what is controller thing is.
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »

Hi,

Sorry for the blurry camera pic.
I was on a job site where the original installer is gone and I am to take over.

The client has this thing on his wall. I searched around on the net on smarthome, and x10.com and found nothing that looks like it in order that I might download the manual and learn how to program it. It most certainly looks like a 4 scene controller of some sort.

Here it is:  The buttons are: ON - A - B - C (lit) -D - OFF with what apears to be a little up/down button.

************ PIC Deleted - It was a really bad picture, so you are not missing anything *********************************
*******************************************************************************************************

Tanks in advance.

:Ron

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:03:36 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Boiler

Re: Does anyone know what is controller thing is.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »

bitman,

It's a Lightolier scene controller - X10 compatible and (the Cadillac of X10).  You can final a manual here: Lightolier Compose

Is this a new install?  Not sure why the previous installer was mixing Insteon (that's an Insteon V2 Switchlinc dimmer on the right) with the Lightolier controler.  The Insteon device is X10 compatible, but the scene implementation is different than the Lightolier (at least that's my understanding).

Edit, just had another look at the lightolier manual, they use the "old" non-standard preset dim1 and dim2 (just like the Smarthome units).  These two may be compatible after all.  Sorry, but that prett much exhausts my knowledge of the Lightolier units.

Boiler
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:57:33 PM by Boiler »

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Does anyone know what is controller thing is.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:39:07 PM »

Old install. Everything was messed up by someone sometime after the original installer had it all going.
He documented it very well and I'm just putting it back.

Bless you for your help.
Now I can finish up.

>!

:Ron
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Boiler

Re: *SOLVED* Does anyone know what is controller thing is.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »

Bitman,

Happy to be of service.  Best of luck getting those devices to "play nice" with one another.

Boiler

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.