Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Need Help  (Read 3944 times)

harley_52

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I Need Help
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »

Whenever I arm my X10 security system (PS 561 console) I get a repetitive alarm that will not stop until I disarm the system.  I have no lights lit or flashing so all my sensors appear to be working correctly.  I've even switched consoles, and both do the same thing.

Any ideas?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: I Need Help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »

From the DS7000 manual:

Trouble Alarm
If you hear a repetitive trouble alarm when you try to arm the system there is a problem
and the system does not arm. You can:
• Correct the Problem - First press DISARM to stop the trouble alarm. Then correct
the problem. Then arm the system again.
• Ignore the problem - While the trouble alarm is sounding, press BYPASS. The
indicator(s) for the problem zone(s) flash rapidly. Press ARM to arm the system. The
problem zone(s) is/are not protected but all other zones are.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »

I have no lights lit or flashing so all my sensors appear to be working correctly.

I just want to add the following note: If you have more than 8 zones (sensors) you need to press & hold the "Bypass" button to see the status of zones 9 thru 16.

harley_52

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »

***From the DS7000 manual:

Trouble Alarm
If you hear a repetitive trouble alarm when you try to arm the system there is a problem
and the system does not arm. You can:
• Correct the Problem - First press DISARM to stop the trouble alarm. Then correct
the problem. Then arm the system again.
• Ignore the problem - While the trouble alarm is sounding, press BYPASS. The
indicator(s) for the problem zone(s) flash rapidly. Press ARM to arm the system. The
problem zone(s) is/are not protected but all other zones are.***

Thanks, but I saw all that in the instruction manual and tried it.  Still no go.

As it turns out, apparently the sensitivity switch on the remote control unit was set to "max" and that's what caused the constant, repetitive alarms without any lights lighting.  I set it to "min" and the symptoms cleared.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »

As it turns out, apparently the sensitivity switch on the remote control unit was set to "max" and that's what caused the constant, repetitive alarms without any lights lighting.  I set it to "min" and the symptoms cleared.

OK. When set to "Max", that is a one minute delay for you to exit the house before it arms.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.