Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help... CM15A Problem...  (Read 3136 times)

rcconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help... CM15A Problem...
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I've been using these products since the CM11.  After several years of service, my CM11 finally died, and I upgraded to the newer CM15A and AHP software.  Everything worked great out of the box.  I ended up purchasing a number of additional sensors and switches and set everything up in my second home with a series of macros and timers to convince the neighbors that I was there all of the time.  A few months back, I noticed that things weren't working properly, and this week, it seems that the CM15A can no longer send instructions to any of my switches.  It still receives signals and can determine when a light is turned on or off, but it won't activate any of my X10 switches.  The device is barely 2 years old, and naturally, I didn't purchase the extended warranty.  Just some questions...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 
Do we think a power surge may have finally killed it?
Are there any other secret tricks that I need to try?

I went ahead and ordered another, but it would be great to not have to purchase a new device. 
Thanks,
RC

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help... CM15A Problem...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »

rcconroy: welcome aboard!
A simple batery rest is probably all you need!you can find the link to this along with some other helpful links here:
Topic: X10 Issues? Please Read This First!  (Read 29497 times)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rcconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

That's all great information.  I appreciate the link.  Unfortunately, I've already done that, and the problem persists.  I imagine something something was damaged during a recent thunderstorm.  It's funny how it can see everything but won't control anything. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:43:58 AM »

You could be correct. The storm could have damaged the power line transmitter. So it can not send any signals over the power line. The receiving part maybe still fine.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:29:35 AM »

That's all great information.  I appreciate the link.  Unfortunately, I've already done that, and the problem persists.  I imagine something something was damaged during a recent thunderstorm.  It's funny how it can see everything but won't control anything. 

Unfortunately Brians speculation is probably right, but when you reset the CM15A, make sure the USB is not connected, and leave the CM15A without batteries, power, or USB connection for at least a minute or two.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.