Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Video sender/receiver  (Read 37624 times)

guckka

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Video sender/receiver
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:43:01 PM »

Tried evrything I could think of to get this set up but to no avail. I cannot get video or audio sent to my second tv. Both my main tv and second tv in bedroom are new LCD tv's. They are only about 20 feet apart. Is there a certain way needed to connect to LCD tv's? Does anyone know what could be the problem?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Video sender/receiver
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »

Tried evrything I could think of to get this set up but to no avail. I cannot get video or audio sent to my second tv. Both my main tv and second tv in bedroom are new LCD tv's. They are only about 20 feet apart. Is there a certain way needed to connect to LCD tv's? Does anyone know what could be the problem?

TV's don't generally have OUTPUTS... only INPUTS. The [video] sender needs to be connect to a video [and audio] source. Typically this would be a cable box, or DVD player.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:51:45 AM »

Yea. My older Daewoo 21" TV; had one set of composite video and stereo audio outputs. With a few different Inputs.
My new LCD has many Inputs and only a stereo headphone output. Maybe the HDMI jack has outputs but I doubt it. :'

guckka

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »

So I would run the rca cables from tv's video input to the dvd player? How would I connect the x10 sender to the dvd player? Much appreciate the help.

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »

So I would run the rca cables from tv's video input to the dvd player? How would I connect the x10 sender to the dvd player?

I would use those RCA "Y" connectors so the signal that runs to the main TV... would also run to the senders input.

P.S. If your running from a cable box... you may find that you can use HDMI, Composite, Component, and F connector all at the same time. So you could run a HDMI to
the local TV... and a Composite to the Video Sender. Do keep in mind then, when connecting BOTH the DVD and CABLE [box] the one NOT being viewed will need to be turned OFF.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:51:46 AM by Dave_x10_L »

guckka

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:29:41 PM »

Ok, so I got the DVD player to work on the 2nd tv by attaching the rca cables to the dvd player and then to the video sender. Picture and sound on 2nd tv is great! How do I send the tv signal to the 2nd tv also? My main tv has only video/audio inputs. I don't have a cable box, just the cable line coming into the building, which goes directly into my main tv. Thanks for the help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »

You are in the same boat I am in. My new LCD TV has no video or audio outputs. I am afraid you will not be able to send signals from the main TV to the second one.
Am I correct in the fact that the second TV is not connected to the cable now and you don't want to use a splitter and run a second Cable Line to the second TV?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »

Ok, so I got the DVD player to work on the 2nd tv by attaching the rca cables to the dvd player and then to the video sender. Picture and sound on 2nd tv is great! How do I send the tv signal to the 2nd tv also? My main tv has only video/audio inputs. I don't have a cable box, just the cable line coming into the building, which goes directly into my main tv. Thanks for the help.
Best solution is Brians, to run cable to the 2nd TV.

Alternative would be to connect the video sender to a secondary tuner with video and audio outputs (aka a VCR, DVR, etc). If you have the new video sender it will relay the VCR remotes commands back to the VCR through an RF link.
http://www.x10.com/products4/google/wireless_video_sender_as_v2.html
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

guckka

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »

I gave up. I connected it through both my dvd player and vcr and still could not transmit video from the main tv into the bedroom. I have spent hours trying to connect this and after 4 more hours of hair pulling, decided to send it back. It's cheaper and much simplier to just buy a coaxial cable and run it into the bedroom. It's gong back on Monday via FedX. Thanks for everone's help. When something is this difficult to set up, it's just not worth the time or effort. I got a beautiful picture in the bedroom via dvd player, just could never transmit my cable stations. Oh well.....................................

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:14:36 PM »

Hum great picture say are you using that L2 sender x10 had been promoting? Thanks

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 08:56:12 PM »

I gave up. I connected it through both my dvd player and vcr and still could not transmit video from the main tv into the bedroom. I have spent hours trying to connect this and after 4 more hours of hair pulling, decided to send it back. It's cheaper and much simplier to just buy a coaxial cable and run it into the bedroom. It's gong back on Monday via FedX. Thanks for everone's help. When something is this difficult to set up, it's just not worth the time or effort. I got a beautiful picture in the bedroom via dvd player, just could never transmit my cable stations. Oh well.....................................

Say Dave-X10-L, what do you think the problem was? think he just had it hooked up incorrectly seems like if it worked on the dvd it should have worked on the cable box, thinking about picking up one myself after I get this thrashed out. Thanks!

Tom j.

HA Dave

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 09:56:12 PM »

Say Dave-X10-L, what do you think the problem was? think he just had it hooked up incorrectly seems like if it worked on the dvd it should have worked on the cable box, thinking about picking up one myself after I get this thrashed out. Thanks!

Darn if I know. I think... many of us old-timers have a setup/test area (I do). We get something new... and we setup and test in an easy to work-in environment. Not having to stand on your head behind a dusty TV with kids screaming to see Sponge Bob.... reduces the stress we often read about from newbies.
I have several of the Video sender/receiver units... they're great.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »

If the cable box did not have a baseband video output. I doubt the video sender would work. I don't believe it can resend RF signals from the box to the TVs antenna input.

HA Dave

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 07:08:54 AM »

......... I don't believe it can resend RF signals from the box to the TVs antenna input.

Your right it can't. And after re-reading the posts I am not sure the user even uses a "cable box". he may have never actually had a audio/video signal to send (other than the DVD... which worked).

tom j

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »

If the cable box did not have a baseband video output. I doubt the video sender would work. I don't believe it can resend RF signals from the box to the TVs antenna input.

Say I was looking at that Lola2 x10 is promoting as a video sender and in the picture all I see is a usb cable see below I'm assuming this thing has RCA inputs but I can see them from the picture, and if does the usb cable just dangle there when you're not using it? Say Brian which one do you have you said the picture is excellent, think I want what you got!  rofl  :)%

http://www.x10.com/promotions/mk11a_ed_bandit_autofree.html

Tom j.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.