Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Needed - Remote DisArm  (Read 4465 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Needed - Remote DisArm
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »

Who has a nifty way of DisArming a DS7000 from 1,500 miles away?  Assume always-on, always-connected to internet PC w/ AHP+4.

Thanks!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Needed - Remote DisArm
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »

Hi PajamaGuy,
   Similar situation as you. I was wanting a setup to be able to disarm the unit remotely on the web. The only path that I am able to temporarily test was using either the remotes for the DS7000, KR10A or SH624 and in my case a universal module PUM01 but I would think a XPFM module can be used instead. This mod is listed before in the forum and basically involves the dismantling of either remotes and connecting the module to the disarm buttom. I looked for other alternatives to this and nothing in AHP and X10 confirm will disarm the unit, even if it shows possible in the macro setup. This was a momentary test and shows it can work. Security as others will argue is jeopardized with this option and as true as that is, the need to be able to do that for my business is the greater need. With video from 3 cams I will be able to observe if needed so as to allow maintenance to enter for service after hours with out me being there and no one else having remotes, except myself and my wife. I plan to do this on a KR10A and using some spade connectors protruding from the unit to fit in the PUM01 and maybe even plug them in into another module for multiple setup of house codes for a little extra obstacle for hack. Also a repeated command to turn the unit off just in case of line noise accidentally tripping the unit.
   This is one of many projects I have on the back burner. There are so many I still have to achieve as well as trying to follow proper order of growing my systems. Not a easy fix but a workable one, good luck.
BaBaLou.

tom j

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:26:15 AM »

Say you can't do that with On Alert??  I mean disarm remotely.

Tom j.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

Hi tom j,
 sorry I missunderstand your question. If you mean am I able to disarm the unit using AHP+4 from a remote location, I see that there is a disarm selection under the macro creator for a DS7000 but It does not work for me. The simple test I tried was using the module with a dismantled KR10A and then using any macro or remotely on the web I can disarm the unit.
BaBaLou.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »

I did a modification with a universal module and a KR10A to Arm OnAlert and the security console.  The same thing could be done to Disarm the security system.  It just involves some simple soldering.  That's the only way I know to disarm.  My understanding is that a macro could be not be created to disarm.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.