Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My x10 setup with BVC  (Read 2979 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
My x10 setup with BVC
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »

Just posting some excitement on my new find.  last week I got a SCREAMIN deal on an audio mixer on ebay that I plan to use with my x10 setup and BVC.  It is a Shure SCM-810 8 channel auto mixer.  I picked it up for $150 + $20 shipping.  I have been testing it and it works perfectly.  Brand new these run $1200+.  The nice thing about this mixer is that it has a connection on the back that lets you connect to the microphone gates for each channel giving you the ability to tell which room an audio command came from, and also lets you override a signal from another room if there is too much noise.  knowing this information lets you send audio only to the rooms that are being voice controlled at a given time.  For anyone interested in information on connecting this type of mixer to an x10 setup, here is a great link.  Though the link is about connecting it for use with HAL software, the information is VERY detailed and will work for any x10 setup with voice control software such as BVC.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: My x10 setup with BVC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »

Great info Dan! Please use this thread to keep us up on your BVC audio setup as it progresses. I love my Voice Controlled setup and enjoy reading about the classier setups.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

luke03

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: My x10 setup with BVC
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:33 PM »

Very interesting. like to see the whole setup if possible.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.