Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: not talking tthrough the USB port  (Read 4043 times)

akw22

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
not talking tthrough the USB port
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:39:41 AM »

been trying to get help from x10 on this for couple days.   trying to get the program to talk to the cm15a module.  the CPU knows the cm15a there yet the program will not talk to it.

all i get is the emails saying to check my CPU, then to down load this, uninstall, reinstall,

i went as far as to totally reboot and load the xp windows again with new x10 software and still not talk to the usb port to the module.

wonder why i can not get correct answer from the x10 people?

see i am still getting no help.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:53:45 PM by akw22 »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: not talking tthrough the USB port
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »

Go to the Control Panel, then click on System, then click on tab marked Hardware.  Then click on the Device Manager tab. When it opens, drill down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.  Click on the plus sign to open it, then look for "X10 USB Active Home (APCI-Compliant)".  That's the CM15A.   If it's not there, unplug the CM15A's USB cable and shut the PC down.

Replug the USB cable into the CM15 and reboot the PC.   As Windows starts, you should hear a "beep", that's a signal Windows has found a new device.

Repeat what you did the first time in this post.   You should see the "X10 USB Active Home (APCI-Compliant)" in the USB area.   If it's there, close the Control Panel and open AHP.  It should know the CM15 is there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.