Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Mobile 5 mobile wifi remote  (Read 22935 times)

accord728

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Windows Mobile 5 mobile wifi remote
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »

ActiveHome Pro software needs more capabilities with mobile devices that have wifi. I think it would be awesome to have ActiveHome client software for Windows Mobile and Palm OS devices that utilizes the wifi network. Even Bluetooth capabilities would be great but probably would lack in range with the local computer. I have a Windows Mobile 5 device and done a lot of web searching for software to control my x10 devices and found very little info for this.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Windows Mobile 5 mobile wifi remote
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »

"Logmein" has a version of their PC control for mobile if you want to go that route............

accord728

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »

JMac, thanks for the reply. Web based control is too slow for instant access to lights and appliances. I would like my cell phone to work like my X10 PalmPad. Having a very simple WM5 application that communicates directly with the ActiveHome Pro software via WiFi would be best and good alternative to the X10 Palmpad.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:03:50 AM by accord728 »

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

I wish it existed.  There would be some security considerations with such a control though. 
Once you go through all the machinations to get to the Active Home screen with "Logmein", there is very little delay.  If you go for the priced version you hear the sound of the switch.

accord728

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »

I will try the Logmein for fun. As for the security consideration with WiFi communication, the only problem I can think of would be an unsecure wirelesss network.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »

JMac, thanks for the reply. Web based control is too slow for instant access to lights and appliances. I would like my cell phone to work like my X10 PalmPad. Having a very simple WM5 application that communicates directly with the ActiveHome Pro software via WiFi would be best and good alternative to the X10 Palmpad.

X10Dispatcher can listen for commands from MSN Messenger, which I'm pretty sure you can do from Windows Mobile quite quickly.
There is also a script out there (called x10emailcomm, I think) that checks a pop3 mailbox for specially formatted e-mails, and runs the commands in them.

kaczman

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:02:05 AM »

Thank you so much for the LogMeIn info!  I'm now able to quickly and easily control my x10 from my mobile phone now!!!  Time to break out some more modules now!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:51:47 AM by kaczman »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.