Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: night vision ( not )  (Read 5433 times)

ghost4u65

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
night vision ( not )
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »

man is there anyway to use external lighting such as infrared or any other to get a picture at night with x10 cams ??   and anybody know where to get extra lens caps after you lose yours in a move ?? x10 can't seem to get any  !!   

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: night vision ( not )
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »

....is there anyway to use external lighting such as infrared or any other to get a picture at night with x10 cams ?? 

Sure is! I use the X10 motion sensor duel floodlights (PR511). The duel floodlights also turn other inside lights on... (and chime a chime.... whatever). Mine turn ON my cameras (and give the area more than enough light for good video) plus a video receiver. I also use an auto-switcher with my audio-video-cameras... so when there is activity in certain areas around my home the cameras live video is displayed on the TV... automatically.

The floodlights are a nice deterrent to intruders.... I use PLENTY of motion sensor lights! The cost to USE the lighting is VERY low as mostly it just sits and waits... and doesn't come on. But IF there was an intruder... or you go outside and NEED lighting... it's there.

The cameras are a nice deterrent to crime also... IF they are spotted by the intruder. I go one step further than most and make SURE any potential intruder knows he's been detected and SEEN. I actually use a voice announcement! It's just an extra added bonus to my BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) set-up... which allows me to voice control my X10 devices... and more.

You can read MORE about the BVC software here at the forum. And/Or watch my BVC Video at my BVC Fan Site.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:46:16 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jimbo435

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:12:03 PM »

Dave, how did you get the voice announcement.  (saw it on your site when the garage was opened.)  I would like to setup a camera system, and if I see "intruders", trigger a loud announcement for them to vacate the premises.

Jim

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:35:13 PM by Jimbo435 »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

Dave, how did you get the voice announcement.  (saw it on your site when the garage was opened.)  I would like to setup a camera system, and if I see "intruders", trigger a loud announcement for them to vacate the premises.

You should watch the video again. Besides the Garage Door Reminder.... my tresspasser announcement is also automatic.

The setup is simple enough. I use AHP (Active Home Pro & the CM15A) to run the macros.... and (a third party software) BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) to get the Voice Announcements (and control X10 devices). BVC really does MUCH more... but you'll find that out. I also use AHP and BVC to have a "talking clock" I even get weather conditions (or reports) when I ask for them. BVC can even control the X10 ninja as well as TV's and other IR controlled devices... but I digress.

BVC   and AHP work together to get the announcements... so you will need both.

I used the X10 floodlights (PR511) as part of my perimeter detection system. They activate the cameras, recording devices, and so forth. AHP makes the system "smart" and BVC tells me what is going on around me. For the garage (and the same can be done with a gate, or any door) I used a magnetic switch and a powerflash unit to tell the system the doors status.

I included plenty of links... let me know if you have more questions... and have fun.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:59:56 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.