Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Glass Breakage Sensor & Plug N Power System  (Read 4821 times)

uptownvideo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Glass Breakage Sensor & Plug N Power System
« on: September 17, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »

I have the radio Shack Plug N Power Hoem Security System.   I want to hook up glass breakage detectors to some of the window sensors which have the 2 screw leads.  I want to protect a sliding glass doors.  What are my options?  Would one of the glass breakage detectors that sense the sound of glass breaking be able to wire into this system? 

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Glass Breakage Sensor & Plug N Power System
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »

I have the radio Shack Plug N Power Hoem Security System.   I want to hook up glass breakage detectors to some of the window sensors which have the 2 screw leads.  I want to protect a sliding glass doors.  What are my options?  Would one of the glass breakage detectors that sense the sound of glass breaking be able to wire into this system? 

You can wire it to the door/window sensor's leads if the glass break detector provides a Normally Closed relay output. If the glass break detector provides a Normally Open relay output, you can wire it in parallel across the door/window sensor's test button (I have a thread on the forum showing how to do this).

If the glass break detector's output is not a relay, then you would need some form of interface device between the two.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 06:30:01 AM »

Yours is  probably "Normally Closed" so wiring shouldn't be a problem. You could even probably take the window door sensor and explain what you want to do and someone should be able to help you.

Tom j.

uptownvideo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »

Do any of you know what model sensors can be wired in with only 2 wires?  I know that there are some of them require 4 wires for power. 

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »

Do any of you know what model sensors can be wired in with only 2 wires?  I know that there are some of them require 4 wires for power. 

A loop of adhesive backed foil tape mounted on the glass can be connected to the DS10A with only 2 wires (no extra power supply needed).  You've probably seen them in some store-front windows.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.