Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Arming in Delay mode thread!!  (Read 9146 times)

gcpdpaul

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Another Arming in Delay mode thread!!
« on: September 20, 2008, 06:08:11 PM »

Hey I know there are already a million and one of these threads with the same questions, however,

I didn't see my issue described at all.

When I arm the console from the arm button on it, regardless of how it was disarmed (i.e. via remote of key fob) it arms instantly and not with the 60 second delay.

I have armed it with the security remote, and that arms in delay mode.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Another Arming in Delay mode thread!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

Just make sure all your switches on the remotes, console and window/door sensors are set the same way. Min or Max.
Check and double check and then check one more time.
BaBaLou.

gcpdpaul

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:43:15 PM »

Now if I set everything to max or min, does that mean when the alarm is armed and an "intruder" comes in with the windows set to max, the alarm won't sound for 30 seconds?

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »

Yes, set to Max, entry/exit will always give that 30 or even more before arming the system or upon entering the home, you have the same delay to disarm the system, yes enough time for anyone to find the remote and disarm the system. Learning to keep the keychain remote at alltime when leaving the home and as with my system, I have all the door/window sensors and the remote set to Min. as well as my Motion sensors set to "1". I have had one false alarm and even that was due to a heat source, but all in all the system has been working very well. I do test the system in all aspects of Trigger once a month.
BaBaLou.

gcpdpaul

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

sounds good.

I will try it out and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again!

gkamieneski

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »

I can tell you that, "it didn't used to be this way".  I owned 2 previous consoles and both allowed mixed application of the min/max features of the different units.  I had one door set to max that I liked to come into, while another 3 doors were protected by a combined unit set to min.  I had security remotes set to min while others were set to max, and keychain remotes as well.

It has only been this year when I had to replace my console because the battery backup feature no longer worked (believe caused by an electrical storm) that the replacement console refuses to arm in delay mode from the arm button on the console (it will arm in delay if I disarm with a security remote set to max).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.