Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A folllies and other stuff  (Read 3331 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
CM15A folllies and other stuff
« on: September 25, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

Arrived home today to discover that AHP could not find the CM15A (I turned on my Living room lights by the SS13 inside the house at the front door)  so I shut down the PC and unplugged the CM15 from the outlet, opened the battery compartment and took the batteries out, got 4 fresh ones and put them in, closed the battery compartment and plugged the CM15 back in the outlet.

Rebooted the PC, checked the Hardware Configuration and made sure the CM15 was seen by Windows, opened AHP and made sure it saw the CM15 (it did) and tested various modules to make sure full communication was there. It was. I then cleared the CM15 and reloaded all timers and the single macro

The "side attraction" was that the MC460 I use to trigger my lone keypress macro had also died so a new MC460 was gotten from the "X10 Spare Box" and old one got friendly  with the trash can.  With the new MC460, the macro ran perfectly.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: CM15A folllies and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »

.............. a new MC460 was gotten from the "X10 Spare Box" and old one got friendly  with the trash can.  With the new MC460, the macro ran perfectly.

Having a big old plastic trunk of X10 parts is the only way to go. It's only been a couple times I needed a replacement part.... but often I need an "inspired" part. Although I do have a stick-on switch in my office... and 3 or 4 remotes in drawers... mostly my setup is controlled via BVC.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:48:54 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.