Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to remotely determine if console is armed ?  (Read 12507 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
How to remotely determine if console is armed ?
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »

I can access my computer remotely (using VNC) over the internet.  My computer has AHP, Smart Macros, and OnAlert..

How can I determine that my security console is armed?  At the bottom of the AHP window, there is a little icon that, if I hover over, will pop up a balloon info that says "Security Arm Status"

Problem is, whether the console is armed, or not, it only/always says "Security Arm Status"

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: How to remotely determine if console is armed ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »

Hi Geewiz,

At the bottom of the AHP window, there is a little icon that, if I hover over, will pop up a balloon info that says "Security Arm Status"

The Icon will turn to a Red House and have a little siren light on it, all this happens only when using the remotes to arm the system, Physically, not through a Macro triggering the remote RF. I have noticed how it changes to the red icon when the system is armed with remotes. Doing this with a Macro does nothing to the looks of the icon and stays the open padlock.

How can I determine that my security console is armed?

Doing so remotely is limited to me, Under Activity Monitor, it will show when a Macro is triggered to arm the system, any corresponding Lights will come On and then Off, if system doesn't then that step will not occur. Other then that, I luckily have one of my cams in my business that has view of the DS7000 and I am able to tell even when looking at the view on the web if my system is armed correctly. I also have an email to confirm that the system is armed. No arm no email.

others may have more info to help in this topic
hang in there, I did.
BaBaLou.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:25:12 PM by BaBaLou. »

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:57 PM »

Thanks for the quick response!

Whether armed with the remote or not, the icon at the bottom never seems to change.  Can't figure this out!!!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »

Your welcome,

If I recale correctly, It is based on wether the DS7000 Console or the CM15A picking up the signal from the remote.

BaBaLou.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.