Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.236  (Read 213763 times)

Boiler

Re: New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »

Sorry to be doing this piecemeal but...

Apparently you cannot use a LM14a at the "A1" address - doing so will always use "standard code protocol" (simple on/off/bright/dim - no extended codes).

Using the device at other addresses results in normal operation.

Boiler

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 03:09:08 AM »

I found an issue with version 3.236...Since 3.236 is the only version I've used, I don't know if this is a new problem or ongoing.
 We've discused some macro start problems using an eagle eye, where a one second delay corrects the problem(thanks guys for helping me with that)...
Here's the issue I've found:  my delay keeps disappearing,  maybe once a day(I'll try to confirm the actual time)
The macro and front porch light work fine for a while(with a one second delay), then I'll get no response to the eagle eye input.
When I check the macro, the delay is gone.
I don't know if disappears when I close AHP, or if I restart my (XP) computer, All I know is it's gone, and I didn't delete it!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 07:01:26 AM »

Look at the EXACT name of the AHX file.

For some weird reason, when I reboot, it loads a different file than what was loaded before the reboot.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »

Since the version of 3.236 you are using is not the US one, but the Marmitek one, there are significant differences.  Try giving each .ahx file a different, distinctive name.  I've never seen the US/Canada version of AHP ever do what you posted on a reboot of the PC.

Does Marmitek run a board similar to this one, see if any of the Marmitek  users across the pond have ever had that problem before.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Boiler

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »

Since the version of 3.236 you are using is not the US one, but the Marmitek one, there are significant differences.  Try giving each .ahx file a different, distinctive name.  I've never seen the US/Canada version of AHP ever do what you posted on a reboot of the PC.

Does Marmitek run a board similar to this one, see if any of the Marmitek  users across the pond have ever had that problem before.   

Dan,

I'm not altogether sure who you were replying to...

I may have confused things with my post on the Marmitek software.

Although I have tried the Marmitek version of AHP (different PC - my development system), all of the results that I've posted in this thread were in reference to the US
version.   All of the following was generated using the "Upgrades" from the US site.

I did notice a change in the performance of the LM14a interface when changing to Version 3.236.  Apparently X10 changed more than just the VA11 interface.

I also found a problem with the LM14a interface when it is used at the A1 address - at this address the LM14a behaves like a LM465 interface (no extended codes).

I thought these were important items to bring up because we (and X10) have been instructing new users to switch to the LM14a interface for the new "soft start" modules.  Now it appears that the performance of the LM14a interface is version dependent.  That's a huge complication.  In order to properly troubleshoot a problem, we'll now need to know the software version.

Ver 3.204:
  • When a LM14a is activated from the desktop the desktop status is correct and Activity Monitor shows the outgoing extended Code command
  • When a macro that uses a LM14a is executed - if the macro uses a dim or bright command (extended code) the outgoing command is not shown in activity monitor and the desktop status is not updated.  Note that the LM14a status is updated if you issue a simple ON/OFF command (uses standard command formats).  The upshot is that if you are using a dim/bright command with a LM14a (extended code) in a macro, you cannot use the "device status" command in smart macros to qualify macro execution.

Ver 3.228:
  • When a LM14a is activated from the desktop the desktop status is correct and Activity Monitor shows the outgoing extended Code command - so far so good
  • When a macro that uses a LM14a is executed - if the macro uses a dim or bright command (extended code) the outgoing command is shown in activity monitor, but it is shown at the module address +1.To be more specific, if a macro issues a bright 90% to A1 the desktop icon for A2 will turn on and indicate 90%.   Activity monitor also shows the A2 module extended code command.  Meanwhile, the lamp at A1 responds properly and my testerlinc indicates an extended code command to A1 (as it should).

The above could at best be referred to as "backward progress".  The incorrect interpretation of the extended codes now affect other units that were functioning properly.

On to 3.236:

• LM14a Desktop functions properly - so far so good
  • LM14a Macro functions are indicated properly within activity monitor and display properly on the desktop.

Unfortunately, although the desktop status is updated, the "monitored status" for the LM14a remains "off" when using bright commands.  This means that you won't be able to use the smart macro "device status" command with the LM14a interfaced modules.

Nonetheless, 3.236 is an improvement.  I am not sure what other changes were made in going from 3.228 to 3.236, but if you are using LM14a interfaces, the 3.236 seems to function far better.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »

Since the version of 3.236 you are using is not the US one, but the Marmitek one, there are significant differences. 

This is probably true Dan, but it is being installed through X10USA for some of us North American customers... just don't know if it is intentional or some server error at their end.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »

The only 3.236 on the X10 site is this one:     Version     Size     Primary     Alternate
3.236 - Released Sept 05, 2008 - Windows XP, 2000    1.0MB    x10drivers.exe    x10drivers.exe

For XRay Vision, MultiView, WebView, Vanguard, Sentinel, iWatchout, and ShowTime.

It's not Marmitek, where is that version available here?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »

The only 3.236 on the X10 site is this one:     Version     Size     Primary     Alternate
3.236 - Released Sept 05, 2008 - Windows XP, 2000    1.0MB    x10drivers.exe    x10drivers.exe

For XRay Vision, MultiView, WebView, Vanguard, Sentinel, iWatchout, and ShowTime.

It's not Marmitek, where is that version available here?

iWatchout It's a plugin used by many for AHP. As for where and why it appears on some new installs and does not appear as an upgrade to an existing system, you may have to wait for X10 to answer that. Is it a server mess up? Well the history of OnAlert tells us that is a real possibility.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »

While digging arround looking for a way to update to this version I found this on the X10Wiki so that may be one other difference if infact that is the case! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »

OK I finally found version 3.236!
Installed and I still get the Va11a message if it isn't installed (maybe having the plug-in registered causes this ??? ::) :'
For those wishing to Update here is the link: AHP_3.236
Note: This is from X10 USA not the European version
My helpful post rating is 138 bet it doesn't improve much
A post rating increase should  ::) occur here :'  rofl
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PajamaGuy

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 07:28:19 AM »

...so it was 140 when I posted this - how high can it go?  >!
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

...so it was 140 when I posted this - how high can it go? >!
LOL looks like it can display six digits! I'll be long gone before that ever happens! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »

For those wishing to Update here is the link: AHP_3.236
Note: This is from X10 USA not the European version

So this is indeed an update for the USA version of 3.228, and actually fixes some bugs in 3.228 (like the erroneous December DST adjustment) ? ? ? ?

I was beginning to think that 3.236 was simply the version number for the EUR version, and functionally equivalent to the USA 3.228.  It was just that the EUR version happen to be released after the USA 3.228 so it got a slightly higher number.  ???

Signed, Confused in Space. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

PajamaGuy

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »

... but beware, with 3.236 and On-Alert, the KR10A's report "Armed-Home" to AHP when the DisArm button is pressed.  X10 Support has duplicated, and is working on the issue.
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

billf8004

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »

Just installed the AHP update.  VA12A seems to work perfectly now. (Which is great, since vanguard keeps crashing)

I installed the x10 driver update first, then the ahp update.  Previously had blue and white ghost images for video.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.