Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dusk to Dawn timer is off..............  (Read 7877 times)

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Dusk to Dawn timer is off..............
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »

Gald to try and Help............ :'

BaBaLou.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »

PERFECT, let's see if that works, I delayed it for 60 mins.
Ok, this works for me.......... THANKS!!!
I'm still wondering why it's not right but if the "bandaid" works then good.
I'd also be interested in what happens when we go off DST on both the old and current days returning to standard time.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »

PERFECT, let's see if that works, I delayed it for 60 mins.
Ok, this works for me.......... THANKS!!!
I'm still wondering why it's not right but if the "bandaid" works then good.
I'd also be interested in what happens when we go off DST on both the old and current days returning to standard time.

Yeah me too, I checked my moms set up tonight, and everything is the same as mine, so I am not sure what is going on.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »

Yeah me too, I checked my moms set up tonight, and everything is the same as mine, so I am not sure what is going on.
Does your mom's setup have the same problem or is her's working correctly. What is the same and different in her's and your setups?

When I did a Google search for the coordinates for Stockton, CA they were a little different than the one's that AHP has. See if you can get GPS readout of your actual location and plug in those values or try Googling for the values. It could be the AHP program values are off enough to make a difference.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:42:23 AM by steven r »
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »

Hmm... Using the AHP coordinates in some of the online sunrise and sunset programs seems to give better values than what you have.

Even if you've done it before, humor me and do the following.
  • Change the Dusk / Dawn resolution to something other than 8 days
  • Click Update Interface
  • Download Timers & Macros
  • Change the Dusk / Dawn resolution back to 8 days
  • Click Update Interface
  • Download Timers & Macros

I'm not sure that this will make a difference since it appears the calculated values in AHP are wrong but I'd like to see what happens.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »

Trying with no humor,
   Prior observations showed no difference to when timers where triggering, they were in sink with the time shown in designer. Changing the resolution only resulted to an increase of memory being used up on the CM15, up at least 10% when set to daily. All other functions seemed the same.
   Thou when changing the DST on the computer running XP sp3 and unchecked the automatic setting, that resulted in the Time Zone GMT to correct itself to -5.00 EST from my original setting of -4.00, that is incorrect but all had worked before.
   One outside light I have set to this timer to come on at Dust and off at Dawn. At present, the light is set to come on at 6.51pm and outside there is still good visible light but noticeably the night has begun to approach, one can say that it will be dark in about an hour or so. The light turns OFF at 7.40am and that is at good light.
   Another single light, I have set to come on with an Eagle eye sensor, Dawn to Dusk and that one responds directly with outside light conditions when skies are clear, it turns ON at about 6.55am and OFF 7.35pm.
   That had caught my attention. It seems AHP is aware of D/D, when it is officially dark and when it’s the crack of dawn and applies an hour to the that time by subtracting the hour from the GMT setting in the interface. This will allow it to create its own view of Dawn and Dusk so as to allow comfortable light settings and themes for mainly Indoors use. Inside the house the light might have been appropriate to come on at 6.51pm but it could wait an hour or less outdoors.
   So as I see it, when using the interface to control your Dawn and Dusk settings, use them for indoor mainly. When needing the outside light to respond then use a sensor to trigger by the light conditions outside. Needless to say, placement of the sensor is critical to its function. Headlights, streetlight, neighbor’s motion sensor lights and even the light you are trying to turn on will be a factor in sensing the difference between Day and Night.
   This was only a Test, again no neighbors :' or family including WAF was harmed in the making of the Test.
BaBaLou. 

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.