Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Commander license  (Read 2091 times)

kimnach

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Commander license
« on: October 14, 2023, 11:15:02 PM »

I have been using X10 Commander since its first introduction. I used it last night, but tonight I get a license error. It does not show up in my Play store apps list, and out of curiosity when met with the buy a license message upon starting it I get an unknown error occurred. Was this app removed from Play store and it's associated licensing to individuals?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10 Commander license
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 08:06:03 AM »

X10 commander is a third party software developed by Melloware Inc. ( http://www.melloware.com/)
I no longer see a link on Google play for it and the download link on the melloware site also fails.
You may try to email support directly (Email: info@melloware.com )
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 06:30:23 PM »

Their Support Tab on the main screen of their site.
Both the see tickets and wiki both result in a 500 page not found error.
Error 500 on Wiki
Error 404 on Tickets
X10 Commander flags a security warning in Linux Mint.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 06:16:42 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 07:15:11 AM »

Try here for further details https://github.com/MidnightCommander/mc

Not the same thing  Midnight commander is a file manager  and has nothing to do with x10  control.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 04:33:23 AM »

Try one of the APK downloaders. Just google X10 Commander apk and you should find a reliable download source. Once you have it downloaded you can side load the apk directly onto your Android device bypassing the Google Play Store.

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 11:18:05 AM »

I have been using X10 Commander since its first introduction. I used it last night, but tonight I get a license error. It does not show up in my Play store apps list, and out of curiosity when met with the buy a license message upon starting it I get an unknown error occurred. Was this app removed from Play store and it's associated licensing to individuals?

I have the paid version on both my Iphone and Android tablet. It's funny you mention this because this same thing started happening on my Android, but not my iphone. You can exit out of the error and it will still work, but it will return the next instance you open the app again.

Are you still having issues? @kimnach

kimnach

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 07:35:46 PM »

I have the paid version on both my Iphone and Android tablet. It's funny you mention this because this same thing started happening on my Android, but not my iphone. You can exit out of the error and it will still work, but it will return the next instance you open the app again.

Are you still having issues? @kimnach

apk's did not solve the issue.  the fix is simple: start the app, hit "buy license," then back arrow to gain full access.  this was given to me by melloware who was told this by a user.

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 08:45:53 PM »

That was me. I figured out how to do that on my old Android tablet and emailed the author with the tip. This issues now is, for Iphone users, you are sh!t out of luck since apple wants the program still on their servers. I used that app on my iphone 20 times a day, now I can't use it at all on the new iphone and I'm going crazy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.