Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: X10 Commander: for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch!  (Read 123917 times)

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: X10 Commander: for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch!
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

I got ipad and purchased X10 Commander. Installed server and iPad softwares. Problem is I can't get it to work. Problem # 1. Says"passwords do not  match". What password? my AHP does does not require password. 2.Server Error. "server disconnected. Check host. IP and port address in main setting applications". They are the same. What am I missing? How do I check/open port and see if antivirus program is blocking.

Would appreciate help.

IPS

IPS

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »

I just had to reinstall and change password. Now it works. How well... that will have to wait.

Thanks.

IPS

IPS

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 08:01:10 AM »

X10 Commander is working fine except the following:
1. it does not operate 3-pin appliance module AM466. Where as Active phone operates without a hitch.
2. All device data is lost after rebooting. Which can happen due to power interruption. That means if I am out of the house then I can not use X10 commander. Again Activephone has no such problem.
3. Connecting to 3G network. It probably is easy for software savvy, but others have to struggle. Again no such hassle in connecting Activephone to 3G network.

So where is the advantage in X10 Commander? May be it shows the devices in more orderly fashion and roll on index operates better. These are big pluses but the negatives, listed above, are even bigger.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put X10 Commander down. I use it and would like it even better if I did not have to worry about these points. I like it because as I said in my previous message that ActivePhone does not list devices properly.
So I guess till Melloware and X10 can get around to fixing these problems, I'll have to keep both on my iPhone and ipad.
IPS

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »

The AM486 modules on my IPad operate fine.  Now, they are not three pin, but I don't see why that would matter.

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »

X10 Commander is working fine except the following:
1. it does not operate 3-pin appliance module AM466. Where as Active phone operates without a hitch.
2. All device data is lost after rebooting. Which can happen due to power interruption. That means if I am out of the house then I can not use X10 commander. Again Activephone has no such problem.

1. Are you sure you have it enabled on the server side? My 3 pin AMs work fine.
2. Open X10 commander on your pc and exit it. It will save it in the registry.

Activephone always worked fine for me but I found the GUI visually offensive and not intuitive at all....IMO.
The house code dial is a PAIN! I could never get it to the code I wanted. Of course, I'm using an iPod. I guess the iPad's bigger screen may
eliminate that issue.

IPS

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 04:46:30 AM »

Thanks JMac and B.A.

AM466 is activated on the server and I can see it on iPhone and iPad. When I click it on either of them, slider goes to 49% and AM466 does not respond. Why is I don't understand.

I think Melloware should go back in there and fix the problems that I have highlighted.

IPS

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »

Thanks JMac and B.A.

AM466 is activated on the server and I can see it on iPhone and iPad. When I click it on either of them, slider goes to 49% and AM466 does not respond. Why is I don't understand.

I think Melloware should go back in there and fix the problems that I have highlighted.

IPS
Slider goes to 49%? The AM466 is an Appliance module. It only has On and Off. There should not be a slider at all.
You probably have it defined incorrectly.

IPS

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

Thanks Noam

You are right it is an appliance module. But it does show a slider. However after reading you message, I went back to the AHP setup and discovered that I had selected bi direction appliance module. So I changed that to 3 pin appliance mod. and all is working o.k. It still shows the slider bot goes 0-100%.

IPS

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »

I know this is an old post but I'm still using X10 commander on an Iphone XS.  I'm worried if I get a new iphone I won't be able to use it anymore with newer firmware. Any ideas if it will still work?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.