Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to make X10Dispatcher Speak Events?  (Read 8923 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
How to make X10Dispatcher Speak Events?
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:15:46 PM »

I'm getting the hang of Dispatcher, but can't figure out how to have it speak events...

I can get Dispatcher to speak phrases that I type directly iin to the "Remote Cmds" tab on the program window.  For instance:

TTSSpeak How now brown cow

yields the expected vocal response. 

How would I get an event, such as "The office light is on."  I thought this might be accomplished in the "X10 Triggers" tab of the settings panel, putting in the Source Transport: recvlpc, the Device Code: C1, the Command: On

...then typing in the Run Command: TTSSpeak, and the Alert Message: Office light is on

I'm not having any luck and hope someone out there can share the answer with me.

Thanks!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How to make X10Dispatcher Speak Events?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »

I'm getting the hang of Dispatcher, but can't figure out how to have it speak events...

I tried dispatcher... and thought it a little too complicated for me. I run BVC (also in X10's third party software). I am so hooked on BVC (Bill's Voice Commander).. I have my own BVC fan Site.

I have a BVC setup YouTube Video so you can see how easy it is to setup and use. Besides getting great voice (or wav file sound) announcements... I can even voice command my X10 devices and macros. Of course... I have a video that demos that too! [/b]

Bill has done an excellent job of making BVC simple enough..... even I can use it!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:48:58 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: How to make X10Dispatcher Speak Events?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 05:04:40 PM »

Although I don't use X10dispatcher to play sounds on events anymore!
I always created Wave files for it to play using a tts program and windows recorder!
You could also use x10waveplayer or PC Companion create batch files and have dispatcher execute them on the trigger but AHP can do that as well!
You should also check out BVC as Dave_x10_L   suggested
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.