Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: X10net.exe  (Read 79299 times)

jimbike

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: X10net.exe process hanging solved!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2008, 02:51:37 PM »

9. Select Administrator in the name (RDN) column of the list and click OK
10. Click Ok once more in the other windows where administrator appeared in the "Enter the object name to select" box
11. Put a password and confirm it in the password and confirm password box.
12. click ok .
13. back in the servies window, right click the x10 device network service service in the list and click start. The service status should change to started quickly and the log on as column should read .\administrator.

I tried the instructions exactly as posted.
At step 13 I got an error message indicating that X10nets could not start.  As a result, AHP did not start.
Any further suggestions/hints?

If you open the X10 Device Network Service properties again and go in the log on as tab, is the selection bullet still on this account? Also, when you try to start X10nets in services, or you try to start AHP, in the windows task manager process tab (ctrl-alt-delete) the x10nets.exe process tries to start as administrator or system?

One more thing I found out, is that if you restart the RPC process Locator, in serviices, then you will be able to start the x10nets.exe process in services under system.
So, you could try this,
go in run: services.msc then go to x10 ndevice network properties and put the service in manual, not automatic, and in the log on tab, use "local system account".
Restart your computer.
then once the computer reboots, go in run: services.msc, and start or restart "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator" process.
then go back down to x10 device network and start it, it should start quickly.

Of course using this method, you will have to go back to start or restart the RPC Locator process everytime you reboot your computer, but at least it may get you in AHP.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:41:26 PM by jimbike »

wister

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: X10net.exe
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »

OK, I'm good to go now.
The "trick" to this had to do with the password noted in step 11 of the original "fix" posting.  I did not have passwords for any of the accounts on the system, since it was always used by trusted users.  I went back and created a password for my account and used that account and password in steps 9 through 11.  After that all way well.
I hope this helps clarify things for others who may have tried the "fix" without success.

skloter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »

I had the same issue at about the same time as the others. I did all the newest update of windows and then still had the issue, so I solved it by changing the "Log on as" part of the X10 Device Network Service (X10nets.exe) in services.

1. Press ctrl-alt-delete, find and select "x10nets.exe" in the process tab, and click the "end process" button. If you can't find it, skip this step. You can then close the "Windows task manager" window.
2. Go to start RUN
3.Type "services.msc" in the run dialog and hit enter
4. Find the x10 device network service, (should be all the way to the bottom in alphabetical order.)
5. Right click on the "x10 device network service" and click properties.
6. in the "log on tab" click the "This account" selection bullet and click browse.
7. in the select user box, click advanced.
8. Click the find now button without doing anything else in the advanced "select user" window that just opened.
9. Select Administrator in the name (RDN) column of the list and click OK  EDIT** You can use any user you want**
10. Click Ok once more in the other windows where administrator appeared in the "Enter the object name to select" box

EDIT****
Thanks Wister for this input, I added it here so that "the fix" is complete here!. There is a thing to know about the password, here is the quoted post from Wister.
Quote  " The "trick" to this had to do with the password noted in step 11 of the original "fix" posting.  I did not have passwords for any of the accounts on the system, since it was always used by trusted users.  I went back and created a password for my account and used that account and password in steps 9 through 11.  After that all way well.
I hope this helps clarify things for others who may have tried the "fix" without success."

12. click ok .
13. back in the servies window, right click the x10 device network service service in the list and click start. The service status should change to started quickly and the log on as column should read .\administrator.
14. Start Active home pro. it should start fine, mine did.

Try it out and tell me if it works for you, I know it worked for me!

EB :)%
This worked for me!  Thanks!

Shadey

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »

I had the same issue at about the same time as the others. I did all the newest update of windows and then still had the issue, so I solved it by changing the "Log on as" part of the X10 Device Network Service (X10nets.exe) in services.

1. Press ctrl-alt-delete, find and select "x10nets.exe" in the process tab, and click the "end process" button. If you can't find it, skip this step. You can then close the "Windows task manager" window.
2. Go to start RUN
3.Type "services.msc" in the run dialog and hit enter
4. Find the x10 device network service, (should be all the way to the bottom in alphabetical order.)
5. Right click on the "x10 device network service" and click properties.
6. in the "log on tab" click the "This account" selection bullet and click browse.
7. in the select user box, click advanced.
8. Click the find now button without doing anything else in the advanced "select user" window that just opened.
9. Select Administrator in the name (RDN) column of the list and click OK  EDIT** You can use any user you want**

EDIT****
Thanks Wister for this input, I added it here so that "the fix" is complete here!. There is a thing to know about the password, here is the quoted post from Wister.
Quote  " The "trick" to this had to do with the password noted in step 11 of the original "fix" posting.  I did not have passwords for any of the accounts on the system, since it was always used by trusted users.  I went back and created a password for my account and used that account and password in steps 9 through 11.  After that all way well.
I hope this helps clarify things for others who may have tried the "fix" without success."

12. click ok .
14. Start Active home pro. it should start fine, mine did.

Try it out and tell me if it works for you, I know it worked for me!

EB :)%

It worked It worked  >! where do I send the donation for your help #:)

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post the FIX.

MR_RF

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »

Interesting issue.  I too have experienced the X10nets.exe hogging up my processor for the past couple weeks.  Before reading the posts I tried reinstalling AHP s/w, cleaned out the Program Files AHP folder and Common folder, and deleted all X10 instances from the registry.  Even uninstalled all Bill Gates updates from the time the issue started--forward.  Nothing worked.  My issue also included AHP not starting, and giving error "Can't start X10 Net Interface."

MY fix...Modify the logon info in Services.msc as mentioned above, but use the "Local Computer" as the account, and the same p/w as my PC login.  Strange issue!

As asked in earlier posts, I'd like to know what changed after several years of flawless operation?

icaser

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »

I did not have "Local Computer" as an option so I used "Local Service" instead. All is fine now.

Win 7 64bit

icaser

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »

I was wrong " local service" disables refresh on activity monitor and some things on AHP. Instead I used "Network Service" everything seems to work again.

Douchebigiloo

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »

I deleted the saved settings and everything is working like it was!!! Go here and delete all the settings files then restart
C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings

TulsaTV

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »

The rampaging X10nets.exe problem happened to me after these automatic Microsoft Updates this morning:

Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2495644)

Installation date: ?3/?17/?2011 3:02 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

This update to Silverlight improves security, reliability, accessibility support, startup performance, enhances line-of-business support and includes several fixes to better support rich internet applications. This update is backward compatible with web applications built using previous versions of Silverlight.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=208901

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=105787

Update for Windows Vista (KB971029)

Installation date: ?3/?17/?2011 3:01 AM

Installation status: Successful

Install this update to restrict AutoRun entries in the AutoPlay dialog to only CD and DVD drives. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

(The Vista update had failed previously)

Update for Windows Vista (KB971029)

Installation date: ?3/?15/?2011 11:37 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070005

Install this update to restrict AutoRun entries in the AutoPlay dialog to only CD and DVD drives. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

------

But I also had another problem at the same time with an apparently corrupted PDF file stuck on an HP printer queue. This happened to me once before (the PDF was sent from the same real estate office), and I think it is related to how Adobe Acrobat formats the file for printing (vs. the way Adobe Reader formats it, apparently much better, since it doesn't get stuck on queue if printed from Reader).

I was able to clear the queue with HP Print Diagnostic utility. Then removed Acrobat and installed Reader on my wife's laptop computer.

I have no idea if the two problems are related, but it was highly coincidental. anyway, FWIW.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:52:58 PM by TulsaTV »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.