Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: got to be one of the worst sites i have ever seen  (Read 50418 times)

xedex

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: got to be one of the worst sites i have ever seen
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »

AS an X10 user for nearly 30 years (first computer interface was a CP290 that ran with my C64 -- still have 2 of them that probably still work) I think I'll use my first post to join the clamor to PLEASE request the X10 powers that be to work on the website to make it less of an insult to the intelligence of visitors.  I agree with many of the negative characterizations and I'll offer mine suggesting that a visit to the site, even the allegedly original version, is like being at a really sleazy carnival.  Constant barrage of Name-Your-Own-Price and other similar affronts -- even after you've answered "No Thanks" has made me begin looking to other suppliers for my X10 needs.  As a long-time user, my needs typically are for only a few items at a time or maybe to try one or two new items -- I'm not looking for a mega deal.  Like another poster who wished for a simple list, please consider those of us who are just boring unglamorous repeat customers, but as I mentioned, I'm starting to shop where I feel less like I'm presumed to be foolish enough to be impressed by the barking, and I don't mean from my old robo-dog!   As I started composing this post, the warning that no one has posted a reply to this topic for at least 120 days suggests that so far, X10 management isn't listening so far, I guess I'll be shopping other places.  I did offer feedback on the site when prompted to be brutally honest but can't tell that was paid attention to either.  I won't say I'd never buy from the website again, but I'm beginning to find other sources that are less infuriating.  If I understand capitalism properly, probably the best chance of having X10's potentates come around is if we take what business we can/will elsewhere.  Insteon anyone?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »

There always seems to problems when a company's marketing department underestimates the intellectual and maturity base of its customers.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »

There always seems to problems when a company's marketing department underestimates the intellectual and maturity base of its customers.

Ain't that the truth!!!!  Witness the ads X10 ran with the scantly clad girls.   Also X10USA's marketing sucks.  My local former X10 dealer, who I got my CM11A and Active Home from was miffed when X10 REFUSED to sell him the CM15A and AHP at the same rate they sold the CM11A/AH for, then they made his dealer prices for TM751 and RR501 just a penny less than X10 sold them for.  He eventually closed his X10 business and sold off his inventory.

The last time I needed a new RR501, I got it from Automated Outlet down in Lewisburg,TX for less than X10 sells it for.  They even sell the CM15A/AHP for the same price X10 sells it for.  I suspect they don't sell a lot.  I get all my X10 stuff from them, their shipping is flat rate regardless of the order size.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.