Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: R.F.I.D.  (Read 9322 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: R.F.I.D.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »

There are several ways to remove that fur covering from a deceased feline.

"The man that seeks to carry a cat by the tail shall learn things he could not learn in any other way!"  (probably a serious mis-quote of Mark Twain, but me likes it.)

>!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:18:40 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Bill59

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:01 AM »

I didn't realise it had to be dead!!! (hee hee)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »

I didn't realise it had to be dead!!! (hee hee)

It doesn't! However there is only ONE way to remove fur from a LIVE cat.... and that's with barber shears. No animals are ever harmed in the making of good Home Automation. (With the possible exclusion of the PowerFlash Mole Detector).

Unfortunately... much of the original artwork in the PowerFlash Mole Detector thread has been lost.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:18:39 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

OK as long as we are on the subject of felines.
I have a MS14 motion detector on the floor next to the cat litter box. When the detector is triggered it turns on one of those Glade tiny fan forced air freshener thingies for twenty minutes.

I augmented the output of the air freshener by mounting a 7W night light underneath the flagrance bottle. It kind of "juices" the output up a bit by warming the oil. But the real use is to keep the fan from running all the time from the local control sense current (those little fans don't require much power).

Naturally this Rube Goldburg contraption is called "The Pepe LePew Stink Good Fragrance Generator" in the home control database.  Works good, and I presume kitty appreciates the light on the box at night.  rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »

Now back to RFID i have 2 devices that werent very expensive and work quite nicely.  The first is on ebay item#350196886423  the other item#350249806307  The first item is nice and i use the contacts of relay on the board to short the key for arm and disarm.  I use the bell function for arm and the pin code or rfid tag for disarm, mounts on wall and is not to bad looking.  Then i moved up to the second item which is now mounted behind the sheetrock so no visible wires or eyesores to see.  I also use the small round button tags included with the first item( can also be purchased seperatly.)  The smaller the tag the closer it needs to be, but instead of remotes you can use the id tag on your keychain for disarm, plus with the mounting being out of sight even if keys are lost or stolen finding the exact spot on the wall to disarm the alarm is near impossible.  The one nice thing about the small discs the size of a dime is that i just tuck it into my cell under the battery compartment and use my phone as key.  I mean really who doesnt carry a cell phone with them.  Anyway just thought i would post what i use rfid for.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »

........ The one nice thing about the small discs the size of a dime is that i just tuck it into my cell under the battery compartment and use my phone as key.  I mean really who doesnt carry a cell phone with them.  Anyway just thought i would post what i use rfid for.

Wow... very cool.. so glad you did post that. Any chance you can post some links... and/or maybe some pics?
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.