Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vanguard (rundll32.exe process) consuming over 90% of CPU  (Read 34133 times)

parryjm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard (rundll32.exe process) consuming over 90% of CPU
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:21:43 AM »

I installed the Vanguard software on my Windows XP (SP3) 2.4 GHz machine with 2 GB memory.  When I launch the Vanguard application, the process "Rundll32.exe" consumes over 90% of the CPU causing this application to run very sluggish.  It even impacts other applications running on the computer.  In fact, I cannot even establish or maintain a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) into this computer over the Internet.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a resolution?  Since I didn't see a similar posting on this forum, I'm thinking it maybe unique to my system and I may need to uninstall/re-install, but I'm hesitant because of all the difficulty I had getting this system initially installed and operational.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Vanguard (rundll32.exe process) consuming over 90% of CPU
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »

There has been other posts on excessive CPU Use. I am not 100% on if it was the same software product others have had problems with.

LickitySplitttt

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:59:44 PM »

I've had the Vanguard system installed on my laptop for approx 2 months. I had the initial problem downloading the Vanguard software everyone seems to have. I've not had any other problems with Vanguard until this morning when I turned on my LapTop and The Vanguard Software program wouldn't " Open " . As soon as I'd click on the icon, my cpu usage would Jump to 100% and the VanGuard Software wouldn't load up. I have had no problems until now. I reinstalled the software to no avail. I then RESTORED my system to yesterday when it was working to no avail. I've read everything in this forum & there seems to be no advice from anyone how to over come this problem. As far as X-10's Customer Service. It's the Lousiest Customer Service I've ever seen. I've read in this form where x-10 Administrators don't know anymore than you or I know. Why would an Administrator comment on something he/she has no knowledge about whatsoever. BRIAN H.'s comment on this rundll32.exe problem with Vanguard (There has been other posts on excessive CPU Use. I am not 100% on if it was the same software product others have had problems with. )   Firstly, Brian, your comment didn't answer Parryjm's probem or any of the rest of us that are having this problem The reason we're all here in this forum is to be your company's ( X-10's ) equipment & software to working properly...since we seem to get nowhere with x-10. It's amazing to me with all the money spent on this equipment & software that " The Customers " have to be the ones that help the other "Customers" like myself, to repair/re-install/uninstall/etc....whatever the need is...to get x-10's products to work as advertised.
X-10 & Admins....Please tell me....what the Answer is to the Vanguard Control Center problem, when the program was working fine, now will not open up, has rundll32.exe Running my computer's cpu usage to 100% and basically locking my system up until I cntrl/alt/delete ...to shut it down. My Laptop is of no use with my Vanguard until X-10 gets their act together & fixes this problem. As many customers that's had the very same problem, one would think x-10 would have the problem solved by now. We know you know about it....Now, what's the Answer to it X-10 ???BRIAN H ?????? Any HELP from you....or anyone.....????

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »

Most if not 99% of the people on this forum don't work at x10. In fact I would be shocked if they even read any of this anymore. I'm not 100% sure that Brian H doesn't work at X10 but I would say 99.9% sure he doesn't. But he is a big help to those in need here.

This forum is used by users of x10 and all the help people get and receive on here is just from people being nice cause they were in the same spot has you or anyone else that has a problem.

Sorry I can't help your vanguard problem cause I don't use that software for my Cams. If you have a problem with X10 and want to complain then their great customer service will be there to listen  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl but doing it on the forum won't get their attention sorry.

I do wish you Good luck and hope you find your answer!!
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »

LickitySplitttt  Fist thing to point out this forum is for X10 customers(users ) such as yourself to help each other! Althought X10 does maintain the board few staff even communicate on it!
Now as for the Rundll32 error!
If anyone actually searched this out You would find it is a Windows problem, usually caused by a corrupt registry entry.
Registry cleaning tools are available free if you search for them! here is one By no means is it the best It is just the first one that popped up when I Googled. There are lots that are free and some work better then others!
I myself use a free one by AMLSoft which I find works well for me!
Hope this is helpful to you and the others!
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 06:54:05 PM »

Most here are volunteers so if you want a real X10 answer you will have to call them or email them.
We are NOT X10 employees.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:08:30 PM by Brian H »

LickitySplitttt

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:41:02 PM »

Brain, I apologize. I thought you were an Administrative Advisor for X-10. Tuiceman, Jsnlong, Thanks for the info. Tuiceman, I'll give your advice a try. As I've read many of these forum subjects, I've noticed you and Brian helping many users. I appreciate people helping people. If your advice works, I'll let you know Tuiceman.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »

No problem. Actually Tuicemen has more clout here than I do.  ;D
Hope that someone can assist those with this problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »

LickitySplitttt
It isn't uncommon for newbies to get confused with all the titles here!
Most administrators are X10 staff with 2 exceptions myself and -Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
And although we have the titles there is nothing we can do about X10 hardware/software or the company's business!
We can, just like you send e-mails to X10 customer service or support or PM one of the other listed administrators and cross our fingers that some action gets taken ::) :'!
I do try to test X10s software so I can give some first hand advise but I don't have all of it! ::) :'
Do keep us informed as to how you make out! The reason this issue and many others have not been resolved is:
Many come here looking to solve a problem but never report back when they have it working.
 Thus we are all left in the dark!
:( ::)
Don't get me wrong there are some X10 programs that just plain won't work on a given OS but this is noticed the first time one tries to open the program.
I do a regular registry scan and clean up like virus scans, defrags and scandisks. Over looking any one of them leads to issues! ;)
Other programs I use for PC clean up is SpyBot Search & Destroy and AVG Free
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hunterx

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:38 PM »

Hello:

I registered only to inform how I fixed this problem. I hope it helps.

-:)  I had the same problem after running the sofware for a while. I fixed renaming  the directory where the program store the images  ( My Images)

bjake1

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »

I ran the registry cleaner and that did not fix my rundll32.exe problem.  However, I took hunterx's advice and renamed the My Images directory to My Images1.  I clicked on Vanguard and the file opened immediately!  Thanks hunterx.....

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

One of the weird things about AHP is that it creates the  My Images folder when you first install it regardless of whether you have cameras or not.  ??? ??? ???
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

D Smith

disregard
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:51:45 AM by D Smith »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: disregard
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »

Hello:

I registered only to inform how I fixed this problem. I hope it helps.

-:)  I had the same problem after running the sofware for a while. I fixed renaming  the directory where the program store the images  ( My Images)

Sounds to me like the folder is "full". There is a limit on the number of files per folder which may vary by version of Windows. When you renamed the existing folder, the software probably created a new one with the old name to put pics in.

Sue (computer geek, not an X-10 geek)
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.