Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KR19A SlimFire keychain remote  (Read 2617 times)

jagMan653

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
KR19A SlimFire keychain remote
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »

This came with a package deal when I needed a new PR511. I was able to change the house code to mine without problem. Since the new PR511 was set to Unit Code 1 and the default for the first On/Off pair is 1, you can guess what the first test was. Success! It turned my new PR511 on and off smartly.

But, I really wanted to use it to flip on the living room lamp when arriving home from a trip after dark, so I needed to change the unit code to 8. I followed the instructions precisely, but no joy. It would not control the lamp, which works just fine from my other RF controller and Mini Timer. They I tried to change it back to control the PR511, Unit Code 1, but was not successful. Now, it controls nothing at all.  What am I missing?

TIA

Ed

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: KR19A SlimFire keychain remote
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »

I followed the instructions precisely, but no joy. It would not control the lamp, which works just fine from my other RF controller and Mini Timer. They I tried to change it back to control the PR511, Unit Code 1, but was not successful. Now, it controls nothing at all.  What am I missing?

I would try programing the keychain remote like this (not the directions).

• I push the top left button... without letting up (I hold the top button). It will flash the normal RF signal for a sec... then be off for about 3 seconds... then it will blink out the "House Code" (1 Blink = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • About 1 to 3 secs AFTER the button has blinked out it's code... I push in a new code. In a steady... not too fast or too slow (1 Push = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • Next I repeat the above with the top RIGHT button to set the "Unit Code"

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:18:57 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jagMan653

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »

I would try programing the keychain remote like this (not the directions).

• I push the top left button... without letting up (I hold the top button). It will flash the normal RF signal for a sec... then be off for about 3 seconds... then it will blink out the "House Code" (1 Blink = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • About 1 to 3 secs AFTER the button has blinked out it's code... I push in a new code. In a steady... not too fast or too slow (1 Push = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • Next I repeat the above with the top RIGHT button to set the "Unit Code"

This procedure doesn't work at all for my KR19A. It simply doesn't respond as you describe. the instructions that came with mine at least cause it to respond, i.e., it acts like it's accepting the programming, but then does not control my lamps.

Searching the Forum posting I see that there was a change at some point in production. Mine seems to be the later model, as my instructiosn are dated 08/06. This thread asks users to post how theirs works as well as the date code on the unit. Mine has no sticker with date code, but it acts like the later model:

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=10654.0

It's beginning to look like I've got a defect.

Ed

jagMan653

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »

Got it programmed. The correct way to program it is in a thread from 2006. The upshot is the House code and the unit code must be programmed IN A SINGLE PROGRAMMING SESSION. That is, you have to enter the programming mode by pressing both ON & OFF in the first row simultaneously till the red light stays on, click the first row ON button repeatedly to set the house code, then push the first row OFF button repeatedly to set the unit code,  THEN press the second row OFF button to leave programming mode.

Ed

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

Got it programmed. The correct way to program it is in a thread from 2006. The upshot is the House code and the unit code must be programmed IN A SINGLE PROGRAMMING SESSION. That is, you have to enter the programming mode by pressing both ON & OFF in the first row simultaneously till the red light stays on, click the first row ON button repeatedly to set the house code, then push the first row OFF button repeatedly to set the unit code,  THEN press the second row OFF button to leave programming mode.

Ed

THANKS for the update!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.