Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: mini powerhorn activation  (Read 7344 times)

dtrainor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
mini powerhorn activation
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

I have a simple working Monitor Plus with 2 motion sensors and one door sensor. Want to add a mini powerhorn. Leave the settings at Home A and Unit 1, plug it in, activate the alarm, mini powerhorn remains silent. How do I get this thing to speak up?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: mini powerhorn activation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »

Is the Security Light Address set to A1 on the Console?
The Powerhorns trigger on a on off cycle from the console. Normally when triggered by a security trip.
On the Remote I believe there is a set of on and off buttons for some X10 Addresses. If A1 is one of them. Try sending a series on on and off commands at about 1 second intervals. About 2-4 cycles should start the powerhone and it should continue until the cycles stop. Also if you send on on command to it and then dim or bright commands the small powerhone should ding and dong.

dtrainor

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:47 PM »

Is the Security Light Address set to A1 on the Console?

Not sure of how to do this on my main console. My main console has a setup area with Install, Run1, and Run2 and looks like this.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

I can see why you maybe confused.  :( My BAD  :' I was thinking you had the DS7000 Kit. Sorry.
Your console is all programed by ORCA by remote telephone connection to their office. Default is A-13. See page 16 of your manual for details on how it has to be set to A-13 but when the Security Light goes on the powerhone may also sound. ORCA can reprogram it to send the proper codes.
If you want to just test the powerhorn. Leave it on A1 and on the SH624 Remote the first set of X10 control buttons will he the House Code set on the dial and Unit 1. Pressing the on and off buttons should sound the powerhorn after a few cycles.
Again I am sorry for the confusion as I thought you had a different security console and kit.

dtrainor

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »

I can see why you maybe confused.  :( My BAD  :' I was thinking you had the DS7000 Kit. Sorry.
Your console is all programed by ORCA by remote telephone connection to their office. Default is A-13. See page 16 of your manual for details on how it has to be set to A-13 but when the Security Light goes on the powerhone may also sound. ORCA can reprogram it to send the proper codes.
If you want to just test the powerhorn. Leave it on A1 and on the SH624 Remote the first set of X10 control buttons will he the House Code set on the dial and Unit 1. Pressing the on and off buttons should sound the powerhorn after a few cycles.
Again I am sorry for the confusion as I thought you had a different security console and kit.
No problem. Are any of the manuals on-line? I have bought a second house and my manual is hiding somewhere.  :) In any case, I set it to A-13 but it still maintained a golden silence. Do I need to get a DS7000 for more transparent set up and control?

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:10:44 AM »

The manual will tell you that the powerhorns will sound after about 4 seconds of alarm.  You need to be sending on-off-on-off, etc, continuously  for about 4 seconds to activate it, and it will stop after you terminate the on-off sequence.  The powerhorns are designed to be driven by the on-off signal to flash the lights, they're not designed to be driven by manual or AHP activation.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

dtrainor

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:22 AM »

The manual will tell you that the powerhorns will sound after about 4 seconds of alarm.  You need to be sending on-off-on-off, etc, continuously  for about 4 seconds to activate it, and it will stop after you terminate the on-off sequence.  The powerhorns are designed to be driven by the on-off signal to flash the lights, they're not designed to be driven by manual or AHP activation.

Ok, getting somewhere. The problem now is that the (mini) powerhorn is emitting a feeble noise, less than the console.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

the (mini) powerhorn is emitting a feeble noise, less than the console.

I am an old man... my hearing is OK... not perfect. The frequency range of the (mini) powerhorn is very high. Not in the range that my ears hear well.... ask a young lady to listen to it.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dtrainor

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

the (mini) powerhorn is emitting a feeble noise, less than the console.

I am an old man... my hearing is OK... not perfect. The frequency range of the (mini) powerhorn is very high. Not in the range that my ears hear well.... ask a young lady to listen to it.

Hmmm. I have a 19 year old son. Can he listen to it? Actually, he already has, and confirms what I hear. Which is very little.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »

If very low in volume. Good chance it is defective.
Maybe a call to X10 is in order or an on-line RMA request in the Support Area of the X10 web site. Here in the Users Forums we are mostly volunteers.

Manuals should be in the Suppoer Area of X10 site. That is where I downloaded the one you haves manual.
http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

Good data here also:
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:08:58 PM by Brian H »

dtrainor

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »

If very low in volume. Good chance it is defective.
Maybe a call to X10 is in order or an on-line RMA request in the Support Area of the X10 web site. Here in the Users Forums we are mostly volunteers.

Manuals should be in the Suppoer Area of X10 site. That is where I downloaded the one you haves manual.
http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

Good data here also:
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for the links, at least I can look at documentation now. I got two of them, and they both do the same thing. Ouch, what happened to QC? Maybe I need to start creating more stuff from scratch. When I see "No user serviceable parts " inside, I interpret that as "You're screwed if this doesn't work."

Again, thanks for all of the info.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.