Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mouse Remote Software  (Read 36756 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Mouse Remote Software
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »

Hi guys just wondering if that mouse remote that x10 has been advertising if the stuff really works most of the hardware that x10 makes, remotes cameras are actually pretty good, the problem is usually the software so I thought I would check before I send in the purchase. The one I' m looking at is the silver on you get 2 remotes the Lola and the Mouse Remote if it really worked it would really be tremendous. Please let me know what your experence has been. Thanks

Tom j.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Mouse Remote Software
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:02:49 PM »

:'( Getting quite PO'd  I cannot get it to work. No Mouse control. I'll keep trying. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »

There is third party software that works with the remote mouse. The X10 software for the remote won't work on any OS newer then Win98!
The software Max10
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

GMAN

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »

???  re: Max10 software - How does one adapt the USB cable end on the receiver to a Serial DB9 Port?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »

Actually that is a question best answered by the creator of the software!
My remote mouse uses the old serial port connector.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TheBigOldDog

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

???  re: Max10 software - How does one adapt the USB cable end on the receiver to a Serial DB9 Port?

There are adapters available. just go to Newegg and search for: "usb to db9" and you'll see them all. Cost under $10

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 02:23:03 PM »

With the latest release of PC Companion remote mouse control is configurable for any X10 remote!
You can even set up a Palm pad to be one! ;)
All you need is a CM19A or CM15A.
It may even work with the Europen versions of said hardware! ??? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ngenius

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »

I've spent a very frustrating 2 days trying to setup the X10 PC to TV Media Sender and Mouse Remote (UR86A). The web page says "contact us 24/7". Unfortunately, the tech support department is only open M-F, 8-5, when most customers are at work! What a pain!

Partial success....(no thanks to tech support)  It seems the links for the software on X10's site don't work. I was able to download the Nievus PC Remote software by going to www.archive.org. entering the url "http://www.niveusmedia.com/software/Niveus_PC_Remote_Software.zip" in the "wayback machine" and downloading the  software from the last listed link, which was March 2007. The software installed OK, and the mouse functions like a mouse....

Now, if I can just get the PC to TV part working, I will be happy. OK, maybe I won't be happy, but I'll be a little less peeved!

Is it too much to ask that this stuff dows what they advertise, without having to write my own software, purchase additional hardware and pay the local witch doctor for a spell?X10 has some interesting stuff. I'll bet that if they spent 1% of their advertising budget on developing software that actually works, they would really have something. As it is, their

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »

ngenius
I understand your frustration with support! :(
Have you checked the X10 Wiki
Sometimes additional setup information can be found there as users Update and fix X10 omissions in their documentation!
You don't specify your issues with the PC to TV media sender or Modle numbers for it!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Sedwick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »

Thank you, ngenius--I did exactly what you did, and now my MouseRemote works great!  I couldn't believe how hard it was to find software for this thing or why X10 didn't make it easier.  The installation (done while the VT42A transmitter was on and plugged into the USB port) went off without a hitch, and started working immediately.  The acceleration can be a little annoying, and sometimes it goes diagonally when you just want it to go sideways, but it works much better than another wireless mouse I had.  My watching-PC-content-on-my-TV experience is now complete!

GMAN

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »

Hey all. After e-mailing support way back then the tech sent me a link to the Niveus Software. I Downloaded and installed it. NOW all works as it should!
However.... I gave up after somewhat of an effort in adjusting things as the transmitted screen images and texts are so blurred on the TV it became not that much fun.
I can activate my Video Recording software, start and stop recordings with the remote while viewing the cams on the TV's throughout the house. That was my original desire so I guess I'm satisfied.

warren631

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »

The above links to Niveus Software are no longer available.  Where else can I get software for my wireless remote?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »

The above links to Niveus Software are no longer available.  Where else can I get software for my wireless remote?
What exactly do you want to do with the remote mouse?
 ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »

Actualy the above link to the software does work! You have to Read the Post and follow ngenius steps in order to get the software!
 B:(
I now have that software 5.03 megs. ;)
The file was last offered March 2007.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:57:06 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.