Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vanguard vs. sentinel  (Read 10594 times)

garagedude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
vanguard vs. sentinel
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »

Just received my 4 cams, and all the other stuff and still trying to figure out the differance between vanguard and sentinel. I couldn't get but one cam to come up on
the monitor at any one time so far. Should I be using vanguard or the other while at home??

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: vanguard vs. sentinel
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »

Using just the stock equipment you'll never get it to display more then one live feed at a time!
If you want this you'll need a quad processor!
Should I be using vanguard or the other while at home??
The Vangaurd camera is a indoor camera Sentinal is both indoor/outdoor! Switch to which ever will provide a view of what you wish to see!
Don't take this the wrong way but:
and all the other stuff
It is lines like that make many here ignore your post! :( X10 sells many different packages so one can only guess what your stuff is!
Be very specific and supply as much detail about your hardware\software(stuff) as possible!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sphon721

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

i have a 4 sentinel system that worked good after all the antenna modding, but is now giving some problems, the cameras dont seem to accept comands from the remote or cm15a, anyhow as for your post, i hate the quads, they cut your screen into a quarter of what it should be. I think it sucks not being able to pick one of the cameras and zoom it up to full resolution. So what I did is used a PCI DVR card to record the cameras and view them and have a second PC running AHP. so i sit at my home with my dual moniter pc and have remote desktop connection to the AHP machine on my left moniter and the camera pc on my right via the software that came with the card(way more reliable than the remote viewing experience i had with the x10 set up). Seems a little complicated but why spend that much on the sentinel cameras just to chop it in 4 and downgrade the image in AHP via the va11a. It looks way better at full res threw a good DVR card.
Heres a test that will frustrate you to no end. after looking at your sentinal threw AHP and the va11a, you have probably gotten used to it. now plug the sentinel into a tv. The image quality difference will have you so mad you will be looking for a better option than the AHP/va11a

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »

It should also be noted that the difference between the Vanguard and Sentinal is their limitations. The Vanguard will only go so far to the right and left (basically 90 degree's to the left, and the same to the right) where the Sentinel will go much further to the left and right (right around 270 I think it is, I don't have my manual with me, sorry), and the same holds true for the tilt, or up and down limitations. Only the Vanguard goes further than the Sentinel in this area, which to me is not a good thing and I feel that it should be corrected at the manufacturers level.
  There is a post in one of the topics in the Forums here that make reference to getting past the limitations, but I very STRONGLY recommend that NO ONE makes any attemnpt at doing this per the given instructions. I have been inside these cameras, and not by choice, and I in no way recommend anyone attempt it unless you are a highly experienced technician. Things can very easlity go wrong. Wires can very easily come lose, screws are not easy to get out or back in, and having it all line up as it should when you reassemble, well, I'll just say, good luck! Thankfully, mine still works!
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.