Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: new high resolution va12a?  (Read 114664 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: new high resolution va12a?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »

........... I was really hoping that the VA12A would be an improvement because I really love x10 products. It's been quite a disappointment.

I am also disappointed with the adapters and software.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

alexmyron

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »

VA12A works fine and looks good using XP and Windows 7 (32 bit) and most X10 software BUT NOT MULTIVIEW.

The image in the 4 panes in Multiview and the images that are also saved to the hard drive are all upside down!

It seems to be a Multiview issue only and only the saved images and the 4 images shown on the right.

For now I am using a generic USB adapter that works fine but is a little less resolution than the new VA12A.

I prefer using Multiview over the iWitness program and really want the VA12A higher resolution images.

I changed resolutions, have tried codecs and uninstalling and reinstalling everything and installed several different Media players and it still does it.

Any ideas anyone?

hollyfox

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »

I have spent more time and money trying to get my VA11 working and then bought a VA12 in hopes that it would work. What a waste!!! I am looking to buy a REAL camera system. It is horrible that X10 is unable to resolve a simple video input device installation issue. Customers should not have to peruse the forums for answers. I have paid GOOD money for these devices and am sick and tired of having to spend my time and money on top of it to resolve issues!

People quit wasting your time.

DB

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 11:39:57 PM »

I agree. I am thinking of investing in some of the 4 camera, dvr packages. Looking to get one with ir and ccd quality. It will mean having to run wires but I think motion detection and recording will be much more reliable. Anybody have some good suggestions? I was thinking of the bullet style as I think they could be mounted on the ninja bases. Tiger Direct sells systems starting at about $300. Would appreciate any input.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.