Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can MS16A active eye sensor work in place of MS10a sensor  (Read 5061 times)

santcp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can MS16A active eye sensor work in place of MS10a sensor
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »

Hi,
I am new on this forum. Searched on this forum for 2,3 days before posting this. Currently I am using a PS561 security console unit along with DS10A door sensors and MS10a motion detection sensors. Currently the system is setup to trip the in-build alarm on the PS561 unit.

How can I use an ActiveEye motion sensor (MS16a) to trip the PS561 console alarm. Looks like MS16a is built to activate other appliances but I am not able to figure out what code to set it so as to trip the PS561 inbuilt bells.
Any ideas?
-san

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Can MS16A active eye sensor work in place of MS10a sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

How can I use an ActiveEye motion sensor (MS16a) to trip the PS561 console alarm.

Welcome to the forum santcp: unfortunately the MS16A is not compatible with the PS561 security console. The only motion detector that is, is the MS10A.

The PS561 can transceive the MS16A signal (send it to the power line), but it will not recognize it for security uses.

santcp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »

Thanks for the reply Puck. Too bad I bought a bunch of those hoping to use with PS561. For now I will use them with a TM571 module to switch on a very small radio unit for alerts. And first tests showed those are acting the way expected.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »

Although (like Puck said) the ActiveEye motion (or other EYE) sensor doesn't interface with the DS7000/PS561 security console... it can still be handy.

My favorite use is between the storm door and regular door. The sensors can't see through glass... so only opening the door will trigger them. I like having the sensor turn on a light (I like your idea of a radio too). Having a light turn on means never having to enter a dark home, or fumble for a switch with grocery's in your hands. A light and a radio would be a great heads-up if someone was checking a door too.

Heck... an "eye" sensor can even trigger the homemade robodog.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.