Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: heyu sending email message how-to?  (Read 9469 times)

3_jeeps

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
heyu sending email message how-to?
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

Hi:
I've installed heyu on my ubuntu server and it is working fine, both locally and over the web.  I've read through the heyu man page and trundled through the code to get an idea of  how it works. 

I'd like to have an event, such as the turning on of an module (either directly using the X10 palm controller, or by using the MS16a motion sensor) send a mail message to a number of addresses. 

It seems that I have enough of the pieces, but can't quite figure out the best (any?) way to achieve this.

I have configured and am running: postifix mta, mysql, spamassin, and apache2.  Mail works fine..I can send/receive within my LAN, as well as through my domain.

Any suggestions/pointers would be appreciated......any explicit how-tos even more appreciated.

Thanks!
J

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: heyu sending email message how-to?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »

The most I've done is send email messages to myself using the local mail system, e.g.,
  SCRIPT <conditions> ::  echo "CM11 clock needs resetting" | mail cwsulliv
but you could replace the above command line with a command line to send email out over the internet using 'sendmail' or similar program.  Unfortunately I can't advise you on how to do this.  You might try posting a message on the Ubuntu forums.  And maybe someone on the heyu_users forum can help.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.