Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Honeywell LYNXR-I basic installation and transmitter placement  (Read 6495 times)

EHZ

Honeywell LYNXR-I basic installation and transmitter placement
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

I recently purchased an Ademco / Honeywell LYNXR-I  wireless security system and am completely new to installing these types of devices. There was not anything in the manuals that explained how you are supposed to place the window and door transmitters. I assume you would just drill a hole on the top of a door frame to put the transmitter and then position the corresponding magnet about 1/4 inch away on the door itself (drilling a holes as well to mount it). Does that sound correct? I would think this would also be the case with a window transmitter. I apologize if these are very basic, but any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated.

Boiler

Re: Honeywell LYNXR-I basic installation and transmitter placement
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:20:53 PM »

I recently purchased an Ademco / Honeywell LYNXR-I  wireless security system and am completely new to installing these types of devices. There was not anything in the manuals that explained how you are supposed to place the window and door transmitters. I assume you would just drill a hole on the top of a door frame to put the transmitter and then position the corresponding magnet about 1/4 inch away on the door itself (drilling a holes as well to mount it). Does that sound correct? I would think this would also be the case with a window transmitter. I apologize if these are very basic, but any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated.

EHZ,

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get an install sheet with the sensors themselves - have you opened the sensor boxes?

In general, you have the correct procedure.  However, you may wan to use double sided tape to pre-install the contacts to check the gap between the magnet and sensor.  Metal door installations will require a different gap than a wooden door or window.

The Home Security Store has a nice general install guide located here: Application Notebook

There are also Honeywell specific installation manuals available at the DIY alarm store: DIY Honeywell Sensors

If you have alarm specific install questions, there are a number of alarm sites that run forums as well (safemart and homesecuritystore included).

EHZ

Re: Honeywell LYNXR-I basic installation and transmitter placement
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:54:56 PM »

Thanks for the helpful advice!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.