Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless camera signal problems  (Read 4281 times)

tbsb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless camera signal problems
« on: November 18, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »

We have had 2 X10 black and white wireless cameras on the eves of our house that have worked great for 3 or 4 years.  I recently connected a 3 third that was in the box (just didn't get around to it).  I adjusted the panels on the camera and the reciever and had all 3 working as they are at different ends of the house.  This was about 4 months ago.  In the last few weeks, one camera or other won't pick up or one will overide all.  I have readjusted the cameras, the reciever, changed channels, and now at the end of my rope.

Any suggestions??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Wireless camera signal problems
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

What are you using to turn them on and off. Only one should be on at a time.
Could be the X10 power line signal used to switch them on and off is being effected by a recent addition to the homes wiring or one of the X10 controlled power supplies may not be switching off when the next is turned on.
What addresses are the cameras set to. All should be on the same house code and in groups of four unit codes. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16.

tbsb

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »

We are using the remote to go from camera to camera.  We have never hit the off button on the remote and I just assumed a camera turned off when it went to another camera.  One thing I didn't mention is the recent camera addition included a ninja.  The ninja remote pad doesn't have an on and off. 

Cameras are set on A1, A2, and A3.  All do work for a few days, but seems like the signal fades and have to adjust everything.  Its getting worse. 

Do you think something is going bad, ie transmitter, camera, etc??  How do you fix the power supply issue??
Thanks.

billfern

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »

I have found that you must turn off a camera if you want to look at another one.  Sometimes if it is closer it will override the second one.  Doesn't always work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.