Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LOLA  (Read 32989 times)

likofiotis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
LOLA
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »

IS SHOW TIME SOFTWARE HELPFUL TO CONTROL MY PC FROM LOLA REMOTE CONTROL?

JRP

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: LOLA
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »

My goal was to watch Window Media Center on my large screen TV.

LOLA/SHOWTIME Software is not compatible with Window Vista.  You can bypass this and download a driver for your X10 mouse remote.

For me the Sender and Receiver worked GREAT when the antennas are facing each other and kept within 1 feet of each other.  Cracking noise and average picture at 30' in an adjacent room with the door open.  Barely any picture at 70'.  Yes, I moved the antenna around and tried all channels (A-D). Sender interfered with my Belkin 2.4 Ghz Wireless Router and MacBook.  Bottom line: Sender ON = Internet OFF.

Mouse remote did work but I did not like how it performed. When you press the arrow key the mouse starts moving slow but then it speeds up.   X10 brags about this feature but I find it annoying.  It takes a long time to reposition the mouse from the far left to the right of your screen.  Once you get close to the icon you want the mouse speeds up and you overshoot your target.  Release the arrow key and start over again and overshoot in the opposite direction.

I ordered a 50' S-Video/RCA cable ($70 at TigerDirect, $40 at www.amazon.com) that I can run between PC (PCI-E video adapter already had S-Video Out Port) and TV.  I will also need a mini plug to RCA jack adapter ($5-$10 Radio Shack).  Only problem is that I can't control the mouse remotely unless I spend another $30-$40 for USB dongles that can extend the mouse up to 100'.  A little bit more expensive but might be cheaper in the long run since it doesn't require electricity and won't conflict with current equipment. 

Another solution is to spend $300 for the Windows Media Center Extension.   

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »

I think both of these post are 100% SPAM!!!! :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

I think both of these post are 100% SPAM!!!! :(
Why is that Dan? These are ALL x10 products 
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »

I ordered a 50' S-Video/RCA cable ($70 at TigerDirect, $40 at www.amazon.com) that I can run between PC (PCI-E video adapter already had S-Video Out Port) and TV. 

That cable is $8.23 (50 ft., gold plated) at www.monoprice.com.  You might want to try them next time.  That's where I get my cables. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »

JRP could you post a link to the driver your refereing to which works on Vista?
I'm not using Vista but many here are and I'm sure some are wondering where to find!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.